Can anyone tell me more about this car?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone tell me more about this car?

Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #1

Gold Boarder
I got this from my father 10 years ago, he told me he got it when he was about my age back then. so it's probably between 30 and 40 years old.

the only thing that's written on it is Ecstasy.

It's a mercedes benz 450 SLC

It works with a 26.590 Mhz controller and the controller is made in taiwan (I geuss so does the car)

it has spring suspension in the back, has sound effects for the engine and all te lights work (headlights, directions, stoplights, reverse)

here are some pictures:

This is the controller

this is a 1/18 2CV just to show the size

What I would like to know:

-anything about this specific rc car (scale, how many where made, where was it sold...)

- are there spare parts available? (mine is missing one headlight, the mercedes sign up front, the front grille, the front bumper and the battery cap)

-what's its value? (I'm not planning to sell it because of it's sentimental value, but I just like to broaden my horizon)

-If there are no spare parts available, how can I make them myself?

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is so cool

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #3

Gold Boarder
I agree, that's the reason why I want to restore it (read: put time and money in it) while it's not Citroën

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Battery tray cover are hard to find they always seem to get lost.

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #5

Gold Boarder
once the clip breaks, they get lost. but that's not the main part, I'm not planning to drive this again, but if I could find the rest it would be great!

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
This is a Bratz Merc made by MGA Entertainment Inc, 27 Mhz. Made in china 2004 not as old as yours. The two door coupe is about 44 cm long and about 18 cm wide. Apart from lights working and back and forth with steering, but the radio doesn't work. Darn it that is what I wanted most of all.

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
AcceoCitroen, I have not recently worked with plastic models, but when I did, I retained all the spruce materials, including chrome plated. I had boxes of the stuff. This offered materials for repairs as well as brainstorming. I believe craft stores or hobby shops offer thin sheet plastic.
I hope you find parts for it. Otherwise fashion the parts yourself. You can do it. It looks like a neat car to zoooooooom down the hallway.

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 9 years, 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Gunner Jim, There are plenty of RC folks out there, somebody should be able to fix it.
I see another hallway zooooomer.
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by DINKYBOY.

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 8 years, 8 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I had the same car with some diferences in remote control. I look for it and i find your post.

Do you have learn anything for it because I would like to have one again . I was 7 years old when my father gave it to me and I have only some crashed parts from it unfortunately.

Re: Can anyone tell me more about this car? 8 years, 8 months ago #10

Gold Boarder
I didn't find anything more about it... I think it's a small issue or something.
  • Page: