3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope!

3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Up today is a red vehicle from my collection. Your task today, should you wish to undertake it, is to guess the maker and model. Year too would be nice but not needed. Clues will be given out daily either in picture form or written.
Here is your First Clue:

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Second Clue:
It is a toy Made in England.

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #3

Gold Boarder
Boy, this is tough!  I will have to wait for the next clue...

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #4

Yeah, I\'ll need more than that to go on. Definitly harder!

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Clue #3, Photo Clue #2:
Take a close look people, this is not that hard.

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
A little more information is called for, I guess, so let me say this is a toy Made in England, c.1977. Popular then but not now, even mint in box goes cheap or not at all on ebay.
Oh ya, the last picture is of part of the left front headlight and fender. The first is of the door hinge.
Clues enough? If not, another picture tomorrow. Good Luck!!!

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #7

\'32 ford?

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Nope, but Ford did steal some of the styling from this car although many don\'t know it.

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Okay, already, Here is another picture clue. This should give it away but you never know as the others  did not and I thought they would. So....

Click on picture to see in Photo Bucket.
Have fun with this, I am. jN
Here are the first 2 pictures again.

Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Okay, here are some more clues. It is a British based company. This toy was made in England by this company in 1977. I feel, highly detailed and a good value but most do not agree with me and therefore it is almost worthless by itself these days. Later the company outsourced their production and the quality has gone down while the price went up.

Any Guesses yet???
Place picture here>>>

There were quite a number of different models made in the series and most were cars of the 1920\'s to late 1940\'s.
Today, as I said, they are not valued but I still think they are a very nice display model, built well and a great value today as they sell so cheaply on ebay and the like.
Any guesses yet?
Place Picture clue Here>>>Dang it!!>>>

This model also came in 9 different variations of color or interior matches. 2 Different top(roof) colors, 4 different body colors and 2 different style of wheels. One is only one color, Silver and the other in 2 Red or Silver.
Any guesses yet?
Place Picture clue here.....>>>>>

Now if this is not enough I will have to tell you want it is and post pictures. I don\'t want to have to do that. It would be the first time. Please, lets try some guesses, even if you think they are wild or wrong.
Oh ya, Clue number 4 today is this is a Post War Car, early Post war, like really early POST WAR. Be a sport and take a guess, You won\'t get ragged on. Gee you guys, need any more clues or what.
From Canada with a winner, Jim Noble aka Diecast Toyguy, Signing off for now. Stay tuned for the answer, coming soon, I hope.
jN

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 8 months ago #11

MGTC?

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Hippie wrote:
MGTC?

Correct!!! We Have a Winner.....But...do you know the maker of this 1945 MG TC?

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 8 months ago #13

Administrator
Could it be a Model of Yesteryear by Matchbox?

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! 11 years, 8 months ago #14

Oh Geez! No clue!! Morris Garage!!! The hood side shot gave it to me, I\'ce got a 1/16 model kit of this car!

Re:3rd Guessing Contest, Harder, I Hope! WINNER!!! 11 years, 8 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Baskingshark has guessed the Manufacturer correctly. Here are some picutes of the car Matchbox Model of Yesteryear No Y-8

Good Going all who tried this one out as it was much harder than the first few. It is now up to Hippie to put something out. NOT TOO obscure but difficult or easy as he feels. Give it a week Hippie to come up with something to stump us. Good luck on the next game.
Take it away Hippie.
Honorable Mention goes to Baskingshark for Manufacturer

• Page: