New can you guess contest
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New can you guess contest

New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #1

OK Same deal, this is for bragging rights and picking the next picture for the next contest. It\'s not the pic I wanted to enter, but I dropped my camera and this will have to do.
contest_section.jpg

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #2

Fresh Boarder
My guess would have to be a big blue truck  much like your profile pic. not sure what make it is so i will guess it a Kenworth W900 late 90\'s

Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Marx3railer.

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #3

Close, but no cigar. I\'m not looking for a year on this one, there were not many external changes through the production run, so make and model will win the day. Here\'s another clue...
clue_two.jpg

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #4

OK next clue: It\'s not one of my HO scale ringers, it\'s in 24th scale and is a North American truck also seen in South Africa and South America.

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #5

I\'m sure this is wrong, but could it be a K-100 Cabover? Or possibly a Mack R-600?

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #6

No, not a cab over or Mack. It\'s also a sraight build, no radical departure from the kit.

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #7

OK, here\'s another clue. This kit was released by two model companies, one with the roof airdam and one without.

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #8

kenworth Alaskan Hauler?

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #9

Nope, not a Kenworth, but you\'re on the right track...

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The tractor is a Freightliner is my guess, by Revell. I think it hauls a car trailer. jN

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #11

No, not a Freightliner, but Revell is one of the companies that put this kit out. Here\'s another clue, well two, I\'ve never posted this on this forum, and some more of the pic.
hint_three.jpg

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Would it by chance be a Peterbuilt Conventional Cab. Do not know the Manufacturer but AMT might be a good guess. jN

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #13

That\'s close enough! It\'s the Italeri Peterbilt kit also marketed by Revell. Good job Jim, looks like it\'s back in your court.
contest_pic.jpg

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I used the process of elimination. lol I will come up with something this afternoon that will hopefully be as good as this one.
Watch for the New Contest!

Re:New can you guess contest 11 years, 5 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
removes cobwebs...

still waiting...
  • Page: