what is this missile?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: what is this missile?

what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

got me stumped. Don\'t know what this is from at all.

Mystery to me.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Looks like you can load it and the tip compresses and BANG. Cap Gun ammo comes to mind. No idea what it would have gone with.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
a capbomb??? interesting.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yep it looks like one of those cap-bomb you load a cap inside of it and then throw it on the ground and as the pointy end hits bang it goes. Looks like it is missing the fins on the rear of the capbomb.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
it does explain the gunpowder residue

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
If you look close you can just see the shading of the join between the two fins and the body as it tapers to the rear on the left side. The fins are there, from what I see.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #7

Yes, it is a cap rocket, had several when I was a younger kid than I am now. It used paper caps, inserted in the gap in the body about the center of the thing. One that I had used plastic \"blank\" cartriges, similar in shape to a pellet from a pellet gun. The tip was heavier that the tail on them, so you could throw it up in the air and it would hit nose first. Great for playing army or scaring the life out of your brothers.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Those are the ones I had as a kid too. That is how I recognized it as a friend has one of these.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
I remember what that is from now - I don\'t think i have the toy anymore which is why I put it in your package in case you had some use for it.  It\'s from a Stuka Dive Bomber I think, and yes it did have small caps to put in it.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I am not too sure if the Stuka had a cap bomb. I know it has a solid bomb and it is available aftermarket. I got one for mine. Anyone know for sure?

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #11

Fresh Boarder

I think might have been it.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
considering that I received the capbomb from Ryoden, I guess we can be sure now. Just never thought to ask.

My bad.

Re:what is this missile? 10 years, 12 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Problem solved Stuka drop bomb and I have learned something new.
  • Page: