Armoured Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Armoured Car

Armoured Car 11 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder

This is different as the driver shoots backwards while in retreat. Can anyone guess the maker or the name of this strange die-cast toy. Then what is the name of the other 3 smaller ones. The red tank and the smallest one has stamped V inside of it and they could be the Victory ones made in Australia. The unpainted one on the left has made in England.

Maybe Johillco and I have ruled out Charbens and it is definitely not Britains Ltd.

The solid wheel and it looks like they used a nail for the axles.

I have added some more pictures so the two toy armored cars showing the wheels. The slush moulding inside shows that they must have had a sand plug inserted into the mould as it is not smooth like if it was done with a metal insert plug. The wheels are solid moulded which is unlike those of the Tootsie which are hollow inside.

The other wheels are replacement for Tootsie toys.

So far this is the only picture I can find of the same toy on the Web.  By looking at Tootsie, Barclay and Hubley catalogues that are on-line, I cannot find any reference to the above toy.  Although WorthPoint or Worthopedia has the above picture indicating the armoured vehicle car tank may be a Barclay or Manoil although the wheels don\'t match that make of toy.  Moreover, I still am not the sure who made them.  So it is still open to debate on the origins of the toys.

At the last swap meet that was held in Geelong Australia. A seller had the same Lead toys, although it the gun firing backwards looked like it had been used for a fishing sinker and the seller was asking $40 bucks Australian for it.  Haybos and I nearly fell over in shock. The seller informed me it was made in Russia and very rare. The small armored car did have made in Britain although the casting had the closed over base instead of being hollow like the one above which has made in England on the side of the vehicle which Haybos now owns.

Thus the toys could be of English origin or who really knows as I don\'t.

More help please Toy Collector members.

Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Added more information.

Re:Armoured Car 11 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
looks like Tootsies... kinda guessing from the wheels

Re:Armoured Car 11 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
i would say the little ones are Barclay. the bigger one may be Toosie. not sure
Jim

Re:Armoured Car 11 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I still cannot find out who made them please help.

Re:Armoured Car 11 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
the retreat reverse shooting armoured car looks like a Rolls Royce like this old Yesteryear.

Re:Armoured Car 11 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Yes Richard it looks like one of those Rolls Royce open car. So now that part has been solved where was it made?

Re:Armoured Car 10 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Can anyone help to identify this particular armored car shooting backwards.

Re:Armoured Car 10 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Lawrence of Arabia\'s Rolls Royce

Re:Armoured Car 10 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
Lawrence of Arabia\'s Rolls Royce

Yes!  And Richard the Lion Heart is driving like Top Gear, vroooom.
  • Page: