'70s or '80s vintage space toy?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: '70s or '80s vintage space toy?

'70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
My son (4 years old) has been going through my old toys. He found a space ship and asked what toy it's from - I don't remember the name for the life of me. I believe there were little men that folded at the hips to fit into the ship and it was part of a much larger set. Any help would be great. 

Thank you,

Erik

Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by tifosiv122.

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Erik, Welcome to the site from BC Canada. I have not seen one of these before but it almost looks like Lego. 

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Erik, Welcome to the site from BC Canada. I have not seen one of these before but it almost looks like Lego. 

Thank you. I'm almost 99.99% positive it's not Lego as I don't think I've seen Lego with metal wheels and screws.

It's been bugging me all night, hopefully someone knows what it is.

Thanks,

Erik

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
its a Sinclair C5 electric car. fairly popular in the late eighties as an alternative mode of transport.\

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Very cool. Never saw one before here. Did they sell or did they go the way of most other electric vehicles of the time, nowhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It create a cult following with a club in Britain that continued with viable alternative modes of transport. Anyone who knows their history of electric cars knows about the Sinclair, Sedgwick, gm and tesla.

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The Sinclair C5 was a big failure Jim, considered too dangerous for the roads over here.

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
They say that of the reliant as well.

Made a photo of a Sinclair in 1993 when on holiday in England. And if you look for one on feebay you'll still be able to get one thirty years on

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Taken care of.

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have also deleted the last couple messages dealing with this includeing Richards, Mine and tomte. All moved to the Guess the vehicle from the detail
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
How come we haven't heard from the author of the toy

Re: '70s or '80s vintage space toy? 8 years, 6 months ago #12

Fresh Boarder
How come we haven't heard from the author of the toy

If you are talking about me, I'm still waiting to see if someone can figure it out. Although it looks like the car above, I am positive this was from a set with little figures that fit in the car.

Thanks,

Erik
  • Page: