Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #31

Platinum Boarder
hopefully better size pic

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #32

Platinum Boarder
try again sorry getting used to this post image thing

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #33

Platinum Boarder
I have never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Never really liked Dick Van Dyke either. I think know this one but some one else gets to answer.

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #34

Platinum Boarder
Chitty is a childhood memory and one of my favourite Corgis. I have fond memories of Disney movies with Dick but my opinion was mostly likely shaped by my parents. As a kid, I just watched what they did.

This new movie quiz i posted is easy for us North American players anyways. Not sure if the movie was popular across the pond.

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #35

Platinum Boarder
1968 when it came out I was in Grade 11 or if before June 1969 I was 18 and graduating. Did not watch stuff like this,, maybe my sisters did, I don't know. I was into cars and bikes by then and spent a lot of time learning how they worked on my own.,

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is classic children's entertainment but it also has a lot of elements that I really like.
The gadjets are James Bond-ish (Ian Flemming wrote the novel) and Truly Scrumptious is beautiful in the film.

But I can certainly understand how watching it could be a painfull experience for some.

As for Tick's image ...... I can see a flying Trans Am and it looks like the driver wearing a cowboy hat.
Too easy but I've just had a go.

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #37

I dont know it yet. The first thing that came to mind was something like the dukes of hazard, but I thought that was a series and not a movie

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #38

Platinum Boarder
Smokey and the bandit.

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Yep!
As the dawn of American big and powerful muscle cars was coming to a close, in 1977 Pontiac released this heavy two door with T bar roof monster with a 6.6l power house. Similar to the Firebird this souped up version bared a golden bird spread out across the hood and was branded the Trans AM (that moniker however was used several times before). It became one of America's iconic muscle cars and was featured in the 1977 Block Buster hit "Smokey and the Bandit" featuring the bandit himself Burt Reynolds and accompanied by Sally Field. There was a sequel as well with the two main actors that was also well received. A third instalment without Burt and Sally flopped at the box office

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Corgi Classics released a run of iconic cars from tv shows and movies that included a figure of one of the primary characters. Corgi Classics released the Trans AM along with a figure of the Bandit

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #41

Platinum Boarder
clicking on the image should bring you to larger images

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Here is another one...

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #43

Platinum Boarder
Very Famous movie and actor.

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 2 weeks ago #44

Platinum Boarder
I think the 3rd Smokey and The Bandit movie had a later model Trans Am.
(I preferred the muscle car look of the earlier one).
Similar model to Knight Rider's Kitt I think.

And CHACCAMACCA has shown us Steve McQueen's Ford Mustang GT from the 1968 movie Bullit.

I like to collect these Corgi Movie/TV themed car and figure sets.

Re: Name The Film 1 month, 1 week ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Next clue.

Name the Film.