Guess the vehicle from the detail
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Guess the vehicle from the detail

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 3 weeks ago #9751

Expert Boarder
I realise this might be a hard one for those who dont live in the UK so heres another clue..The 3 Gracies where a product of a transatlantic car maker the 4th Gracie was a female music hall star of the war years and later Italian resident.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9752

Expert Boarder
The car is greenish and white.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9753

Platinum Boarder
I have no clue as to what the vehicle is or what the Gracie's are.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9754

Expert Boarder
The 3 Gracies is the name given to Fords Consul,Zepher and Zodiac range in the 50s......The 4th Gracie is Lancashires own Gracie Fields a very well known singing and film actress threw the war who was the female version of George Formby who also came from Lancashire....Gracie Fields famously gave up Britain after the war and moved to Capri in Italy..

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9755

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the explanation but I don't know any of that history at all. Don't recognize the names either so I guess I never studied about them. Pre and post war history of Britain is not my forte.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 2 weeks ago #9756

Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by misterpop.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9757

Platinum Boarder
I can't get to Face book as I don't do face book and the link only takes me to a sign in page.
The second link does not work due to you NOT using the Quick Reply button. All other ways of posting leave HTML code in the link that makes it now work. Repost with Quick Reply, bottom right side of page, Please.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9758

Expert Boarder
<p>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gracie_Fields</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I dont advise you to get too much into Gracie Fields to be honest.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Would you like another clue as this is taking a long time..Where are the other players?</p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by misterpop.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9759

Platinum Boarder
So from Ian's explanation it is a Ford and I had never been aware of Ford using 'Gracie' connected to a car or a car's name which in this sense probably means Fords prototypes were given a 'Gracie' name!!

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9760

Platinum Boarder
I think it may be this.
Gracie's 1934 Rolls-Royce phantom II Sedance de Ville

But I may be wrong, just a guess from all the clues and looking her up on Google and going from there.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9761

Platinum Boarder
The original 1935 car, the blue one is a reproduction of the actual car done in 2014

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9762

Expert Boarder
Ohhhhh...I can not believe Kevin dosnt know the 3 Gracies.....He'll kick himself when it clicks.

No its not a Rolls Royce.Oh and by the way...I already said the answer......

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9763

Expert Boarder
<p>First clue again......[Its a Dinky, a relative of the 4 Gracies] Maybe I should have said "A relative of the 3 Gracies" I think the reference to Gracie Fields threw a few of the scent.....I was trying to be a bit cryptic there. The 3 Gracies was the name given to the then new replacement for the MK 1 Ford Consul,Zepher and Zodiac in 1956 of Fords Consul,Zepher and Zodiac MK2s. In 1961 Ford brought out the Consul Classic and the coupe version was called the Capri....Gracie Fields BTW sloped off to live in Capri after the war. So the answer is????????????</p>
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by misterpop.

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9764

Platinum Boarder
There it is, finally got there!
Dinky Toys 143 Ford Capri.
That was hard and really I only got it from Ian's last posting so here is what I will do...a free go to whoever wants to join in.

Who wants the floor?

Re: Guess the vehicle from the detail 2 months, 1 week ago #9765

Expert Boarder
H aha hba ha ah aha ha