• Page:

TOPIC: Trade?

Trade? 2 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
No idea if this allowed, so if not, moderator, please take it away. Not even a clue in what category I can place this.

One of my neighbours brought me these yesterday. As I do not have any interest in them, I like to pass them on, maybe trade them. I will not send them, but could bring them to Houten next time.

Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I also like the idea of trading. I don't like to talk about money.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by chaccamacca.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 5 months ago #3

Kees, for me it is no problem to offer these for trading here, we once had a marketplace too at PD.
Let's see who is interested

Re: Trade? 2 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
No problem trading or selling on PD, just be appropriate and all. Have at 'er.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys. Well, seen a lot of times, no one has an interest obvioulsly, not even for free. How wierd it may seem, but......... I threw them in the bin.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Interesting reaction. Last time I was given a bunch of cars they were cheap Chinese pull back toys in race car livery. I did not want them and did not think it was worth selling them on eBay or elsewhere. There are no toy fairs in my area so I took them to the seniors thrift shop. They took some as there are single Mom's in town who can not afford toys for their kids and they knew who they were and said the cars would go to kids in need. The other dozen I took to the fire hall along with a bunch of stuffy toys. My wife collected them for years but we have no room anymore so... The ambulance drivers said that quite often at accident scenes on the highway, there are kids involved and they need a distraction while recovery or extraction is underway. We have terrible accidents on a regular basis in the mountains around here as people just drive too fast for the conditions and drive off the road or worse. They appreciated them very much. The guy at the liquor store here is a first responder for the local fire department and he heard about what I did and asked the ambulance crew if they could get a few of the cars and stuffy bears etc to carry in the fire trucks.
I would get them out of the bin and donate them to some worthy cause. Kids love toys.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for THAT reaction Jim. Believe me, I asked several kids in the street here as well, and so did the neighbour. These trucks are produced by the millions, and given away free years ago when you bought something. Now this neighbour came up with those, he could not get rid of them. Now I am stuck with them, as we still are with a lot of stuff in my garage from an uncle of my wife who passed away: 17 new shirts, 6 pairs of trousers, several pots and pans, cushions, blankets, several old cassette decks and speakers,  hundreds of music cassettes, tapes, lamps, and......I can carry on if you like. Most of these things will go to the give-away shop. Nobody here wants them, see. As I offered them a lot of stuff before, I know more things are thrown away. Take for instance a 26 volume encyclopedia, in leather. I took it to the store, and half a year later it was still there. No one wanted it, not even for free. So it was destructed, as will those trucks be.......
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
It is a shame when this happens. such waste but it can't be helped. What else are you going to do. At least here, I could give them away to someone. Shipping costs too much though.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Here in Belgium we have stores you can bring these things to. People can buy these things very cheap there. In Belgium we call them tweedehandswinkels.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
tweedehandswinkels
Is that Flemish? my translator does not do Flemish. Tweede, second? Handswinkels may mean hand shop so Second Hand Shop? Maybe? Just guessing here.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Yes it is Flemish / Dutch for Second hand shop , sometimes they are in aid of a charity.

In England you see a lot of them in the "high streets " and that is a good thing too , better than all those empty shops ; they drain the life out of a village centre.

Anyway it is a good thing , when things are used again

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I agree. Here in BC we recycle all our household packaging, cardboard, plastic, tin cans, newspapers etc every other week. Set it out for pick up. Most gets sorted and then sold to China as they take the worlds recyclables and reprocess them into products. It is a good thing and helps the environment out immensely. Personally I have been doing it since about 1990.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
In the past I have also started a topic for trading but i have had little respons.

But I still like to trade.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Only problem with trading is the Postage to get it here.

Re: Trade? 2 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
The only way to get trading to work would be for both 'traders' to swallow the cost of postage. The problem with the trucks Keesie is trying to move, is they are not even good for parts.
  • Page: