i have no idea..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: i have no idea..

i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
this was my dads when he was kid. it has good year tires.

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #2

I think it\'s a LeTourneau bottom dump from Wyandotte, but I need to do some more research first. Give me an hour or so and I\'ll know for sure....

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #3

Nope, it\'s the Doepke Woodridge earth hauler #2000 about 25 inches long?

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder
yea id say so..i have a road grader that i belive is from the same company, but is missing the rear wheels..

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #5

It\'s from just after WWII and was yellow with a black drivers seat. Had either Goodyear or Firestone tires and was one of 5 models that Doepke released post war.

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #6

The road grader would be #2006 and about 26 inches long Came in three colors, light orange, dark orange and yellow. 1948 was dark orange, yellow in 1949-1950 and light orange 1951-1956. It was based on the Adams road grader.

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
do you know where i might be able to find parts for the grader?

Re:i have no idea.. 9 years, 5 months ago #8

I\'m not sure if there are restore parts for Doepke toys, but I\'ve really never looked. The first place I\'d look would be ebay just to see if anything is out there. Start with specific search terms: Doepke road grader parts tire and then filter out the stuff that doesn\'t apply. You\'ll get a message that tells you 0 items found but we found others close and go from there. Try a search on Google for the same parts and then try Bing as well. It may take some time to find them, but something will turn up. Do you have the axle housings on the toy or are they missing as well? These would be a sheet metal housing on each side of the engine compartment and would pivot for the rear suspension. Measure the tire size of the front tires high by wide, it will help you with your search. There are reproduction and used parts for Tonky, Nylint and Buddy L that might work, and lots of used parts and broken toys could be used for spare parts as well. Again, try ebay first.
  • Page: