Needing help IDing a toy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Needing help IDing a toy

Needing help IDing a toy 9 years, 7 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi folks: Recently while talking to friends on a chat area, we got to discussing our favorite toy as children. Well I was reminded of one I never got although I wanted so much. By surprise, I found it online, but I couldn\'t obtain anything else on it. Even goggling didn\'t help.

Please run by this site: www.thepeoplehistory.com/1976toys.html#cartransporter
Now do a search for \'Motorised Car Transporter\' for the info. The picture is actually several panels down from this. But if you also search for \"Foosball Game\" the picture of it, is just to the right and a bit above. It s a car transport, w/a red tractor, buttons on it, with a blue and yellow trailer.
Does anyone have any clue about this? Manufacture? If there is ones sold on the nets anywhere? I know it was in either a JC Penny, or Sears catalog from the 70s (The site says 76), since every year we\'d get the catalogs and I\'d want everything in it

Thanks for any help you can provide.
- Kc

Re:Needing help IDing a toy 9 years, 7 months ago #2

Hard to tell from that picture. My guess is that this was an import that was special run for the catalog is was listed in. Your guess that it was Sears or JC Penney is most likely correct, either had Christmas toy catalogs full of unique toys in them. As to a name or manufacturer, not a clue. You can almost read the name in the title of the toy in the pic, but it\'s a bit blurry. Anyone else have an idea?

Re:Needing help IDing a toy 9 years, 7 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Ok, got some new info. One person had a catalog from 75, and posted a high-quality scan of that page here: www.flickr.com/photos/wishbook/95603500/...t-72057594059350688/
Unfortunately no manufacturer\'s name. But maybe this will help others. Oldtruck56, you was right about one thing. Notice it says \"Singapore\' so I\'m thinking too, it\'s an import.
Another said, by looking at one of the cars, it may be a Corgi model, but I haven\'t\' seen it yet on any site.
Thanks for the help. I\'m finally getting closer.

FOUND!!! 9 years, 7 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Well I should have just waited a couple of days. A friend found it on Ebay for me!

cgi.ebay.com/SEARS-ROAD-MATES-AUTO-TRANS...;hash=item3f0587f4bb
Now lets hope I win the bid.

[chuckles] It took 35 years, no thanks to Santa
Thanks for everyone\'s help. I\'ll return with other toys.

Re:FOUND!!! 9 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
if you do win it $67 P&H is a wee bit over the top.
chances are good that price can be whittled down to $34

Re:Needing help IDing a toy 9 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I get $37.25 to me here in Canada and that seems high for what it is.

• Page: