Spot The Fake (Code3s)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spot The Fake (Code3s)

Spot The Fake (Code3s) 10 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Let\'s see how good you are (or how good you know me).

This photo shows an interesting group I\'ve been wanting to complete for a while.

Lack of funds prevented me from collecting two ultra-rare colour variants. And one version was never made.

Top row shows the type2 regular wheels: chrome hubs on black plastic tires.
Middle row shows the classic wire rims with black plastic tires.
Bottom row shows the Superfast Transitional thin wheels and revised chassis.

Can you spot the fake?

Clue: there\'s more than one.

Re:Spot The Fake (Code3s) 10 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
red top left, red bottom right.

Re:Spot The Fake (Code3s) 10 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
dinkyjay wrote:
red top left, red bottom right.
Hi Jay.

Yes - top left is definitely a repaint when I bought it on eBay knowingly.

And no - red bottom right is a genuine red Superfast transitional.

Want to try again???

Re:Spot The Fake (Code3s) 10 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
As the first one of the Ferrari Berlinetta No 75 B-3 has been selected being the red one at the top left.  Then I suggest the middle one with wire wheels on black treads, clear windows and ivory interior as it seems more blue than the various shades of metallic greens that were produced. I think the middle one is more metallic blue than anything. Well that\'s what it looks like this side of the cyber trench even though the Ferrari looks as if it has had a bit of a rough life it not be the one.
Last Edit: 10 years ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Typo

Re:Spot The Fake (Code3s) 10 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
There are three fakes... one in each row.

So far tested this picture on 10 people. Some are experts and some are clueless.

What I\'ve found is a common denominator. Everyone chooses the playworn, sunfaded, rolled and bawled met.blue which just happen to be real and one of the last of the colour variants to come out before the Superfast Transitionals.
Its even mentioned in Mr Dana Johnson\'s 4th Edition book, and I suspect he\'s got a perfect light bluish-green version.
Its very rare and htf. I\'ve never seen any on eBay, that\'s how rare it is.

But anyway. Two are a result of a chassis swap -  one of which was repainted. The third I\'ve been boasting about and is even described in my siggy.

Last Edit: 10 years ago by RVREVO.
  • Page: