NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016

NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Today was the the NAMAC toyfair in Houten near Utrecht. Today was also the national record store day, and as I am still looking for some Kinks vinyl singles,......well, of course I went to Houten. My cousin and I always go there together, and it is about a 45 minute ride. Crowded as ever, I was going to meet Theo at the coffeecorner. No doubt he will tell you himself why we met.

I bought a nice old book  in which the early car history, but also, and this is very intriguing, the bicycle history is in there. Especially the part about Penny Farthings have my interest, because I have one myself.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Keesie.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Here some pictures of the models I bought.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #3

That is a good score Kees. I was able to see some of the photos, drawings and advertisments in the book you bought. I loved it.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #4

Yes. the swapmeet was very busy. I met Kees, Ecclesley. Jan Werner and many more

This is what I bought:

* A key for the plastic mistery car (that is not a mystery anymore, I shall let you know what I found out about it in another topic)
* A no. 157 Jaguar XK120 by Atlas Dinky. Soooo beautiful
* An original Dinky 465 Morris Van Capstan. I bought it off Jan Werner, who had a stall there too, so I am certain buying quality
* An original Dinky 181 Volkswagen Beetle in greyish blue, with a gloss base and ridged mid blue hubs. Also bought at Jan's stall
* A set of parts, that I got for free from Keesie to complete my Corgi Bedford Fire Engine
* A set of  4 wrecks: an unknown make  Mercedes Benz 180  Body, Dinky Studebaker Commander Body. An original French Dinky 24U Simca 9 Aronde in very bade shape and an original French Dinky 24T Citroën 2CV in the same bad shape
* And finally: 1 Petrol Pump Dinky 49B Wayne Petrol pump. This one completes my set of 4

And the finished result with Kessies spare parts

All and all it was a great day.
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
Yes. the swapmeet was very busy. I met Kees, Ecclesley. Jan Werner and many more

Well Theo what a coincidence I bought the very same car. However I guess they sold you the wrong color car or the wrong box.

At least I got a matching set. How much did they charge you for that blooper?
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #6

30 euros and this blooper is worthe more

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Theo, you did NOT get the parts I gave you for free. Just in case a lot of you want parts from me for free now, Theo had to pay my coffee.......

Don't tell me you repaired the Simon Snorkel already!!!????

Oh yes, I also had a nice talk wiith Jan Werner at his stall.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
30 euros and this blooper is worthe more

Lucky devil.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:

I better quickly cancel my message to you then for a Ton of Free parts 

Rollerman.

Keesie wrote:

Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by TheRollerman.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Just to point out, my post above is a mess, the edits have screwed-up the quote markers and it looks as if "Keesie" has quoted what I wanted to say.

I am fast losing faith in this forum's ability to execute simple commands from it's members, there are far too many technical issues that won't go away!

Rollerman.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Kevin, no problem, I always want to say what you just did, and probably you think the same......

Maybe your posting would have been less messy, if only you asked for a bit less than a ton of free parts........

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see a Nash Metropolitian in the mix there Kees. Great project you have completed there Theo. Nice to see that.
Some good deals, I suspect and all looked like it was well worth the trip for both of you.
Remember, Nothing in life is free.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Keesie wrote:
Kevin, no problem, I always want to say what you just did, and probably you think the same......

Maybe your posting would have been less messy, if only you asked for a bit less than a ton of free parts........

Yes Keesie, a Ton was a bit ambitious...!

Rollerman.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I knew you only wanted half a ton Kevin, so why don't you pick it up one day?

Yes Jim, the moment I saw that Nash I had to have it. It is one of those new plastic base models from Vitesse. I think it is quite an ugly car, so that is why I wanted it. (I had the dame choosing my cat from the animal shelter.....) Also look at those colours, which make it even more ugly. And then compare it to Theo's Dinky Jaguar! Same colours, but this time they do the car good.

Re: NAMAC Houten April 16, 2016 4 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Another very busy (and pleasant) Houten fair it was indeed. And my sales were very profitable, far enough to buy a very nice French no. 23d Auto Union auto de course (as a companion to my British one) and a no. 39f Studebaker State Commander Coupé (completing my 39 series). These added to the bargain very fine 25d Tanker 'Petrol' (4th type), which arrived the previous day by mail: 

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by janwerner.
  • Page: