Guess my favorite strange car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Guess my favorite strange car

Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder

Last known location is in Spain. This is its second body as the first body (coupe) it had got burned in a fire. So this new wagon body was made for it.
Lost the cops in the middle of the night on a UK motorway. Cops couldn\'t keep up as the car is rumoured to have been flying well over 200mph

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hey, is this the car with the merlin spitfire engine and used to have a rolls royce radiator grill / body work. my memory\'s a bit sketchy as its been many many years since i saw it in a magazine.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
yes tomte,

and this was its first body.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Looks a bit like the car Homer Simpson designed for his brother Herbs motor company.
Frame.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Homer Simpson\'s Dual bubblecar???

It had two bubble canopies to separate the kids from the parents... I can see the resemblance... in the grille LOL

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Superb car...must be cos Homer designed it. He\'s the man.
Frame.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Quote /Superb car...must be cos Homer designed it. He\'s the man.
Frame. \\end Quote
Would someone please explain to me how the American public can be so stupid as to think that Homer Simpson is in the least bit funny. Same vain as Archie Bunker but at least he was an honest bigot. This guy is just plain stupid and his son would be locked up as an idiot, criminal, terrorist, take your pick. I refuse to watch such drivel. it is aimed at the average age of a 10 year old, just like most of the commercials on American television. Most of the sitcoms and day time soaps are aimed at the same age group.
Why??? YOU ask!!! Simple, I Say. The intellectual level of the average American is 10 years old. It has been proven time and time again by the shows they watch and the books they read and the movies they attend.

Advertisers and big corps have the know how and means to sell to the people who buy,,,,RIGHT, They have lots of us buying toys etc but I will not fall into the drivel trap called Adult Cartoon TV. I feel sorry for anyone who actually enjoys this drivel and it shows your level of intelligence.
Wow, I said that, and I mean that. If it gets me banned, then so be it. If it P-----s   people off then I got thru to you. I don\'t really care what you think, this is my opinion and I am upholding my rights to state my personal opinion.
Nuff said, on with the game, eh?

Diecast_Toyguy_Photo_Background_prime_small.jpg

Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #8

Don\'t watch it myself, never have, but for most of the show\'s 20+ year run, I wasn\'t watching anything but the world through the windscreen as it went by.

I\'ve had an unpopular opinion that there is a collective intelligence, and that the collective intelligence has been stretched so thin that it is beginning to tear. Some examples include the wacky wall walker, Billy Bass,(a singing fish? Really?) and any of the \"reality game shows\" that have become mainstays of today\'s network TV schedule. Some people enjoy those shows, and they are cheaper to produce than a scripted show, and I can see why they appeal to the networks. I\'ll watch a movie, or a DVD of a show I liked to watch, and liked enough to buy instead of the \"hot new show\" that\'s not all that impressive, at least to me. Give me a show that makes you think, or teaches you something USEFUL, and I\'m a happy camper.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:

They have lots of us buying toys etc but I will not fall into the drivel trap called Adult Cartoon TV. I feel sorry for anyone who actually enjoys this drivel and it shows your level of intelligence.

Wow,such a strong view from someone who has never met me. I must be a complete idiot because Im a fan of the yellow disfunctional family.If we all had the same tastes in entertainment it would be such a dull world. All those A levels and years spent as a Cat. engineer in the quarry\'s must have all been a dream and Im sat somewhere under an apple tree picking my nose.Hee hee...
Being from the west country (uk) I\'ve had years of mockery, \'carrot cruncher\' combine driver\' and general hill billy so Im used to it. I must admit I have the same views as yourself when it comes to most uk tv. Big brother,britains got talent,eastenders,corrination st....all boring,miserable and an insult to the intelligence of the uk public. Monty Python??? wtf was that meant to be...dont tell me your a Python fan...please.
Have a great day....amen.
Frame.  

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
sorry... I\'m into scifi big time... currently Stargate Universe.

And the worst Adult Cartoon made is Southpark.

Lets try not to stray Off-Topic here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and please try not to flame anyone about it too much.
Also, don\'t bait with a flame on signature sizes. Photos always get stretched or reduced to one size in here automatically.

The Capri based John Dodd car does not look in the slightest bit similar to the Homer Mobile.

And the current John Dodd restyled Merlin looks more like a wider and longer version of the Scimitar.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #11

Fresh Boarder
This car did not run a merlin out of any aircraft but the meteor tank engine. Top gear did a artical on said car ( go on U tube Jhon Dodd The Beast ) and have a look. Have fun Woz

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
was wondering when someone would notice and yes, saw the video.

He said that technically its not a Spitfire Engine. He did however mention several times it was a 27 Liter V12 MERLIN engine.
Which it was.

Muskey, did you also see the video with the \'57 Chevy Belair with Merlin engine?
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Just to say that I agree with Nobleco and Oldtrucks on those shows and yes Richard that South Park is absolutely revolting to say the least.

Now for that Funny rod car with the V12 Merlin engine. If that car actually went on any highway or road and flaten it to the hilt, then they were irresponsible to say the least, by endangering the general public. Yes on the drag strip no problems with this sort of hotted up super rods.

Yes the Funny Car is just that a ugly car.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #14

Fresh Boarder
There were a few cars built with this power plant. It was used Britain and abroad It had the Rolls Royce grill on it and he got in to a big legal battle with R/R where he drove it to court and it broke down outside (supposedly) and the press could get lots of pictures for the papers covering the story. He also turned up to court on a white horse i think saying he had linage to Royalty !!!!! He lost the case and thats were the second type grill came in to beaing. The engine was 27 Liters but it was pulled out of a Centurion Tank so making it a meteor If my memory serves me well. I dont think Jhon even built it he was an auto gearbox man and was given the job of reworking a auto box for the car and ended up owning it and finishing her off. But i am afrade the engine has never flown in its life. It was more romantic to say it was a Merlin to counger up all that was great about Britain.                         Rvrevo do you mean the 57 thats painted up as a fighter plane ?? That is one great piece of enganearing. Some were there was a jet engend Corvette Running a modded Auto box and that was used on the roads in America but the ratio of the motor to the Auto box ment it did some thing like 70 mph at tickover and it was stated by the builders that the brakes did not last that long. As for the Simpsons well erm give me Thunderbirds any day Woz 

Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by Muskey.

Re:Guess my favorite strange car 10 years, 5 months ago #15

Thunderbirds are go!!!! I\'ve heard rumors about that \'Vette, never actually seen it. The V-12 Lincoln engines have started to show up in street rods here in the US, and there is a guy in California that turned an American LaFrance or Seagrave fire truck with a V-12 engine into a giant street rod that has been featured in several magazines and TV shows.
  • Page: