Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is?

Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #1

Administrator
OK, so here\'s a photo of a prototype model of a sixties microcar I snapped here at the Nuremberg toy show. Who knows what the car is?!

Not a car I EVER expected to see a model of!!!!!

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #2

It\'s an Alfa???!!!

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Big clue is Germany and Microcar... Can only be NSU, especially as NSU based some of their models on Fiat 500 Bambina.  This is the 1960 NSU/Fiat Weinsberg 500 Limousette.  

Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by RVREVO.

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #4

Administrator
Correct! Wow, that was quick!

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
yeah, big fan of microcars...

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #6

Administrator
I will buy, like, 20 of these! I can\'t get enough of pretentiously-named microcars where the name is twice as long as the actual car!
I wonder who came up with \"Limousette\"?!

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
the same people that say that this is one word...

Donau­dampfschiffahrts­elektrizitäten­haupt­betriebs­werkbau­unterbeamten­gesellschaft

try saying this without taking a breath.

it means \' Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services\'

Re:Prototype Microcar Model from the Nuremberg show - can you guess what it is? 10 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
OK but that is too long of a word for me to say.

Here in this picture is a fiberglass model upside down waiting to being parted from the plaster mould taken from a full size clay model in the 1970\'s Blackwood series of the XD Falcon Ute, Research and Styling Center Melbourne. It is a cube model which was sent to the USA for computerise checking to the drawing prints, thus making sure the surface is correct. Just one of the jobs I used to do in my younger days as a plaster and plastic developer with Fords Australia.

The Chocolate Ute.
 Just for interest check on of my blogs Chocolate or Clay cars.

Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim. Reason: Typo\'s
  • Page: