End of the Year Buildups!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: End of the Year Buildups!

End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #1

Wow!! Where has the time gone?? I know!! I spend all summer at the \"Health Resort\"! (hospital being operated on!!) And what fun that was!! Let\'s try and not repeat that!! So as there\'s no time to do any painting (too cold even in Florida) I guess I\'ll just post my last builds for the year. Here we have my \'73 Hemi Cuda, built for the \"Pony Car\" buildoff in one of my Yahoo Groups. It\'s done in Boyd\'s Grape Pearl with the hood blackout, wing, and pro stock hood. It all came together rather sweetly!
__73_Cuda_5.jpg

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #2

Here\'s the tail view of it. I reallyn like how this kit came together without much problem.
__73_Cuda_6.jpg

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #3

Now here\'s one that\'s a bit more interesting. This was an old AMT/SMP \'59 Buick kit from way back in the day! I\'ve donr all the body work on it, which involved sanding and filling all the \"goobers\" left from the custom parts! As the top was actually an option in the kit, it was pretty much trashed. So a replacement was harvested from the Revellogram \'59 Impala. The interior was also fitted to the body. Now the replacement chassis was another matter! The Chevy chassis was too short, so a \'59 Cadillac unit was tried. That was too long. so the two chassi has advantages in differen t areas, so they were both cut in half and grafted together!! After a bit of trimming we had a chassis! The Caddy dash was also fitted for that \"custom\" interior look! Windows were tried and fitted, and I\'m presently working on a proper engine filler. As this will be a curbside with a closed hood. I just don\'t feel like cutting thru the thick, brittle vintage plastic! Production has stopped on this until after the holidays (when there\'s no company around!!)
__59_Buick_5.jpg

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
the funny thing is was in my hobby shop in town and saw the exact same kit. Was very tempted to buy it.

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
well the mopar is just sheer madness ....it is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the kit bash is anxiousely awaited to see that one come to fruition.
And as far as the health resort , i personally would rather see you on here regaling us with more of your beautiful cars , so do what the Dr.              errrr resort manager says and stay healthy.                   

Happy Modeling.

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #6

Over the last few year I\'ve done a bunch of Mopars of the \'58 to \'62 vintage. All got \"replacement\" chassis and drivelines. Vintage kitbashes are my specialty! But I\'ll build anything any way! This Buick is gonna be sick!!

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Are you gonna make a \'sleeper\' out of the Buick?

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I was wondering where you were. Hope you are on-top of it all now. At first glance I thought the top picture was for real. Had to take a second look as the dogs gave it away.

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
the grille and lights in the foreground is another clue

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 5 months ago #10

First questions first. I don\'t know if I\'ll do a sleeper out of it or not. It just won\'t be stock, that\'s for sure! The \"custom\" interior is a give away. it\'ll be somewhere between custom, cruiser and hot rod! And instad of Alclad, I\'m taking the rare step of having the grill and bumpers rechromed! This is something I rarely do. So I\'m in process of having the parts rechroming quoted out. And I hope to be in here more often than I have been! I\'ve been rather tardy lately as I have some 20 other groups I moderate. Squeezing in building time is a pain!! And thanks for the \"real\" compliment! I\'ve had others take a second look at my pics, thinking they were real! I\'m lucky to have a good camera!

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 4 months ago #11

Junior Boarder
here is my version of that same 59 buick, its an ex promo

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 4 months ago #12

I want you to know that Buick is very painfull to look at! I\'m in process of restoring a \'59 Buick and making it better! It\'s painted in Pearl White with flecks of gold and silver trim. I\'m waiting for my chrome to come back from the plater.
__59_Buick_15.jpg

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 4 months ago #13

I want you to know that Buick is very painfull to look at! I\'m in process of restoring a \'59 Buick and making it better! It\'s painted in Pearl White with flecks of gold and silver trim. I\'m waiting for my chrome to come back from the plater.
__59_Buick_15-fc8272648e1a2d8f1992b88a0b0ad471.jpg

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 4 months ago #14

__59_Buick_15-4342354bddc5a74a7cedc18520b36833.jpg

Re:End of the Year Buildups! 11 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
actually with the right flash the pearl would be an awesome shine...

I really need to finish rebuilding my Suyota... now.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration