I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion.

I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 11 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
LaToya invited me here a few weeks ago. I lurked aroound the site a bit and thought that I would post something tonight. Not a lot of traffic yet, but I am sure that will change.
My name is Chris, I\'m 38 and live in MN. I have three boys of which one is a hard core modeler himself. The other two just enjoy seeing what I build next.
Here is my latest completed build.
Revell\'s 2006 Z06 Corvette. This was painted with Cobra Colors Atomic Orange. Interior is a two tone black and gray. I used a pin vise and drilled out each dimple in the brakes and painted them in aluminum and gave them a slight black wash for added realism. Pretty much built box stock.
It\'s a nice kit with just a few nits, but nothing I couldn\'t figure out. I plan on builidng the 2005 Corvette in Daytona Sunset Metallic.
I took a few shots in and out and I\'ll post one of each here.
Well, that\'s my introduction for now.

Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by crispy.

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Very nice job. Welcome to the site and what an entrance. If you have before and during pictures, I think you should enter the contest in the cars forum. Even a picture of the unopened box would suffice as a before if you have good during shots. Let us know and enter the contest.
Good to see another new name on the roster.
Jim N

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 11 months ago #3

Administrator
Thanks for lurking, it was worth the wait. Eager to see some of your other work...

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 11 months ago #4

Junior Boarder
[b]Outstanding job... Looks fantastic !!![b]

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 11 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
Thanks everyone. I noticed after taking picutres I have a few spots that need touching up to bring it up to par.

Jim, have a link to the contest?

I\'m working on a Porsche now and have a few others on deck I am tinkering with in between drying sessions.
Chris

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 11 months ago #6

Well now that they\'ve thrown me out of the hospital let me officially welcome you to the Kits forum! nice lookin\' vette! And looking forwrd to seeing your Porsche!

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 12 years, 10 months ago #7

Junior Boarder
Great job on the Vette, the paint looks great and welcome to the forum!!!

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 11 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
CAN YOU RE POST THE IMAGES THE LINKS ARENT WORKING

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 11 years, 7 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
Hi, went in to edit the pictures and they were working as well as the links. Not sure what happend.
Chris

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 11 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thank you for fixing that .... it may have just been me .... that is absolutely stunning i love the color it looks so real

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 11 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
love the color on the \'vette.

Re:I\'m new here and thought I would post my latest completion. 11 years, 7 months ago #12

Fresh Boarder
Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. I built this as I love the new look Corvette and heavily anticipate the new ZR1 of which I know I\'ll build a few examples. My oldest son(17) loves Corvettes and I basically build them for him to have one day.

Thanks again.
Chris
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration