For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old kits

Old kits 11 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I\'ve taken apart some badly made kits from my early years ready for a revamp..

029.JPG

Re:Old kits 11 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Only one picture came out on both my posts. Anyone know why?
regards Frame.

Re:Old kits 11 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
heya Frame, kinda doing the same thing.

But I\'ve lost many parts in the revamp of models.

One I\'ve combined with a metal kit.

Well, ok then, two I\'ve combined with metal kits.

Re:Old kits 11 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi Richard,same here ,lots of missing parts but thats what makes it fun.
Regards Frame.

Re:Old kits 11 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
the cars look great .....when you mix die cast and plastic kits is there any mixing of scales .....what parts are used , engine interior tires ....do tell curiosity will plague me.

Re:Old kits 11 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
The Bburago Porsche 911 is a very close match for the Italeri Porsche Targa I used the rear window, targa top and rollcage of.

Bogged only a little bit in the corners. The whaletail is from another unknown kit that had to be heavily modified. (still need to fix that).

Probleblem with adding accessories it does tend to break a lot. Used to have two mirrors on each door. Might need to fix that too.

Roof chop was easy. Just your garden variety hacksaw. grinder and metal brush to even out imperfections and it would\'ve made a swell convertible... oh yeah... the whaletail was from the convertible... so there are two plastic kitsets in there... memory is not what it used to be.

My ultimate favorite Porsche is a yellow/chrome \'74 Porsche 911 Targa. Its the one that I really liked when I was very young. A few years ago I sat in a Targa. Couldn\'t drive it, the seat didn\'t go back far enough... my legs are too long for my dream car... so I moved on to more practical cars - that I would fit in.

Moving onto the Bburago Porsche 356. Very little borrowed from the plastic kit of the same 1/24 scale. Still have that kit - what\'s left of it. but anyhoo, I liked the accessories and have applied them to the car. Just need to spice up the silver trim on it and it\'ll look like a gem.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration