Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor

Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Here are a couple of rare Airfix cars. The Vauxhall was converted from the estate model & is done to a very high standard, I bought both of these as they are a few years ago.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #2

Now these are a real treat...Delighted to see these being saved for prosperity...both iconic UK cars...and they must be so delicate...

Thanks for sharing

Niall

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
They bring back memories i built a few of those, I noticed a while ago that the Maxi fetches good money on feebay if there still boxed.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I have some others packed away somewhere, I would like to see the Morris Marina built as I always wanted this kit.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Another Airfix model , a Mk3 Zodiac slot car, I have somewhere the rarer customized Zodiac & Mk1 Cortina from the early eighties.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #6

Another special one, and one I've never seen before... what scale are the Vauxhall and the Maxi? 1/32nd as well?

Niall

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
They are 1/32 . there is a Maxi on Ebay now & also the Beach Buggy.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 10 months ago #8

Fresh Boarder
Hello, I'm searching for that Vauxhall Victor in grey a very long time.

Could it be possible for you to sell it to me?

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Sorry dadan, I would never get another if I sold it, it is a code3 made from the Airfix estate I have not seen another converted this well. It cost me big when I bought it quite a few years ago.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The Vauxhall Victor would look good in Ivory like the one used in Randall & Hopkirk deceased the original 1969 series and not the crappy Reeves and Mortimer remake

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 2 months ago #11

Fresh Boarder
Hello dear,

I'm so excited to see the Vauxhall Victor grey metalic color I'm looking for so many years.

It was my father's car, and I learned driving on it about 40 years ago. You din't imagine the feeling. May I hope you could sell it to me? Or maybe where could I find the same one?

hoping for a positive answer, have my best regards

Daniel

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 2 months ago #12

It would be possible to buy Vauxhall Victors in Diecast in various scales, would be easy to buy one of these and convert it to the colour you want......

Kind regards Niall
Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 2 months ago #13

Fresh Boarder
Hello again,

thanks for answering.

I already looksd everywhere foe that Vauxhall Victor 2000,

without success. Could you help me to find it?

thanks

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 2 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
The problem with these Vauxhalls is, that only the older versions are available as diecasts. This is probably due, in part, to the decline of the diecast scene around 1970-71 when Hot Wheels took over and dictated that only super-fast cars with a very high 'coolness-factor' would sell.

The other reason may have something to do with Vauxhall's declining image in that era. It's easy to find the early Victor F-series, but up until very recently, even the FB was only available as white metal (thanks to Silas Models for issuing not 1, but 3 different resin versions!) - the FD, however, is still purely white metal territory, and that means they cost a fortune, are rarely offered for sale and are vastly inferior to both diecast and resin models. The only one I could find for sale right now is this:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lansdowne-1972-vauxha...5:g:qX8AAOSwbsBXj8Oo

Re: Airfix Austin Maxi & code3 Vauxhall Victor 4 years, 2 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
These Guys have done a modern resin version of the Airfix Victor estate.

www.onethirtysecond.co.uk/resin/other_models.php

Rollerman.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration