For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: speeder bike

speeder bike 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This is my star wars speeder bike i cant remember who made the kit it was just one that i worked on , on one of my out of town trips in the hotel room in the evenings........ I think the real detail to this one was done with the airbrush , it took 2 evenings to build and 4 to airbruse the fades and wear
star_wars_speeder_bike.jpg

Re:speeder bike 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
nice paintjob.

had mine for quite sometime, I think it was an early AMT kit. They were more or less into TV/Movie type kits.

anyhoo, I took a slightly different approach to painting this Speeder Bike. And ofcourse got the Stormtrooper as well. Unfortunately its has sustained some recent damage courtesy of my fluffy cat who decided to explore the top of the cupboard causing it to spill all ts contents, and breaking this one (again).

my paint was a combination of two paints that should not be mixed. however, the result was great getting this really parched, weary battle look.

Re:speeder bike 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I agree that is a great look ... it is really battle hardened..... when i did mine i found reference pics online of the priginal prop and preety much followed what lucas had done ....i have been thinking of doing another as a stripped down civilian race version.

Re:speeder bike 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
thats the fun thing with kitsets... can always improvise.

I\'d like to see the civvie
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration