Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised

Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised 11 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This particular model kit got overhauled a couple of times. Last time was fifteen years ago whilst still in Holland for my Big OE.
Anyhoo, got this kitset when I still in my late teens of a Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio. It was originally red and ofcourse I wanted it blue. I painted the whole car in metallic blue. Had a lot of problems keeping the louvres in the side. They are separately molded, so every time the car got picked up by the curious the louvres popped out... notice how often people don\'t listen when you tell them not to pick it up on the side???
Anyhoo, a decade later I got this really nice met.black paint. It was a popular colour at the time and as I needed to try it out on something other that the Mercedes 190 kitset the Ferrari became my testing ground.
The Ferrari got rebuild from scratch, and fixed the problem of the louvres as well.
I really liked the colour on this car and only made the interior strikingly different and radical as well. The wing mirrors were always a problem, its inevitable, constantly gluing them back in place. 

So the question arose, why did I leave the cover bulge off on the engine hood??? Basically it looks a lot cooler without it... makes it easier to see the engine... or at least part of it...

Re:Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised 11 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Why not make some hinges so it can lift up.

Re:Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
It does look cool and that is a striking color contrast ..... thumbs up

Re:Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
thanks.

Rather not play with it too much. I\'m glad enough tptb put the hinges on the right side for a change and they work. What\'s done is done and I\'m happy with it.

Re:Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio Customised 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Good on you Richard great stuff.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration