Automodellismo Show 2009
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Automodellismo Show 2009

Automodellismo Show 2009 11 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This show was located at the Ayrton Senna Conference Centre in the Grand Prix Collection Museum at Donington Park, England and took place on Sunday 2nd August. The exhibits were mainly 1:24th scale plastic kits. Most of them were super detailed but there were examples that were built straight from the box. The skill levels here were amazing! There were also examples of die-cast and resin models in a variety of scales that were part of a display. Part of a display that caught my eye was a range of 1:43rd scale Spark Lotus Fuel Efficiency models. On one of the trade stands I saw a CMC’s 1:18th scale Mercedes-Benz racing car transporter for sale.  There were even some 1:43rd scale models for sale and I did purchase a couple. Now on to the displays:

1. VW Split-screen Camper

2. Camaro Concept

3. Challenger Concept

4. Display of concepts etc…

5. ’69 Stingray

6. Porsche selection

7. Nissan ‘Calsonic’

8. In need of restoration

9 Engine detail 1 VW Golf GTi and Chrysler Roadrunner

10. Engine detail 2 Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and Chevy

11. Chevy Chevelle SS with engine detail

12. VW and two Mini’s modded

13. The proprietor of the Scale Motorsport stand. He is from the USA’s Mid West and has lived in NYC but now resides in the UK. His stand had some really useful tools for building kits and displaying models.

A grand show and what a venue! Well done to the organisers for putting on a first class event! Thanks must also go to the museum for allowing it to take place in such a wonderful atmosphere.

Cheers Chris

Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by Chris Sweetman.

Re:Automodellismo Show 2009 11 years, 10 months ago #2

Gold Boarder
Some great models and thanks for sharing.  I love the CMC Mercedes-Benz racing car transporter - how much was it?

Re:Automodellismo Show 2009 11 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi ModelCarFreak

Thanks for your comments. Regarding the 1:18th scale CMC Mercedes-Benz racing car transporter there was no price label that I could see. I am on the look out for their 1:43rd scale version but I expect it to be a high price.

Cheers Chris
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration