Current projects
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!

TOPIC: Current projects

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #16

Junior Boarder
Those old metal bikes are cool and Hippie I love they way that color turned out.

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #17

Here is the finished GTX!Being it was partly a rebuild allot of the work was already done. The paint is by Testors and called \"Black-N-Blue Pearl\". it does look black in room light, but in sunlight it turns blue and purple! Neat!!! Enigne pic next and a story to go with it.
__69_GTX_Hardtop_6.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #18

The engine for the GTX is a 440 Six Pack (three 2bbl carb in sequince). Now let me do a little background here for folks that don\'t know me. I\'m a diehard Mopar fan! But I\'m not a huge fan of the Hemi engine from a practical standpoint. the Hemi is obviously the King of the street & strip! But as far and a practical engine for everyday driving, no! So my builds mostly are what I call \'real workd engines\",something you would likely see on the stree in numbers in it\'s day. So the chosen motor for the GTX was the 440. But I use allot of \"wedge\" egines in my builds instead of Hemis, so Hemis stack up in my parts box!! Now I didn\'t have a Six Pack motor on hand, but I had lots of parts of unassebles engines. I also had some not very detailed engine from reissues MPC kits under the AMT name. so I had this old school MPC six pack unbuilt, but didn\'t want to use it as it just don\'t fit the newer tooling that well. So a kitbash was created! I used the bottom end from the new tooling AMT Hemi (Block, tranny, front cover, oil pump, distributor, fan) and mated to it the old MPC top end (heads, intake, carbs, valve covers, air cleaner). Now, I wanted power steering, after all this IS a GTX! But the Hemi belts didn\'t include it and the MPC betls looked \'antiquated\". So I used Revell belts and power steering pump. And Presto! A GOOD Six pack engine that fits the chassis properly! But I had to use the old MPC exhaust manifolds as I don\'t have any better and I don\'t have headers that fit the chassis!! Oh well, small sacrefice!!
__69_GTX_Hardtop_5.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #19

Junior Boarder
Great build Hippie, it turned out great and I love the color. I should take a few pics of mine sometime for ya.

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #20

hey all, Here\'s a going away shot of my latest creation! A ;68 Road Runner Drag Car. it\'s a long term project that was going nowhere. originally it had a \'70 Dodge Super Bee body, and for some reason I couldn\'t get interested in it. Then a few days ago I decided to ditch the Dodge body and use the Plymouth body instead! If you want to see other views of it checkout my gallery in my profile!
__69_Runner_Pro_Street_8.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #21

Junior Boarder
Cool build Hippie, love the bodied colored bumpers on it. Hey, where did those wheelie bars come from? I don\'t think I\'ve seen any with the springs mounted on them like that.

Re:Current projects 12 years, 11 months ago #22

I built those! They are kinda old school. I modified Mustang 2 -pro stock 4 link suspension for this chassis as I didn\'t have the kit pieces. I wound up having to cut off the top wheelie bar strut to clear the body pan. So I used an extra set of the pro street springs and cut them down! Old school but it works!

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #23

Hey all! I got a couple recent builds I\'d like to share with you all. First up is a \'72 Cuda. This is a kitbash made from and original \'72 MPC body and interior and the chassis from an AMT \'70 Challenger. The Challenger is slightly longer, so I had to cut 1/16 inch out of the middle of the chassis and put the halfs back together. The scoop is a resin part bonded to the original MPC hood. Decals are Fred Cady aftermarket and most everything else from the parts box!
__72__Cuda_20.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #24

Here\'s another shot of the Cuda from the rear. I used all the Challenger kit parts for the chassis and wheels backs. I had to thin down the backs of the mag wheels as they were actually too wide for the tires! They fit better and look like they belong there!
__72__Cuda_21.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #25

One more pic of the engine. I built the 440 Six Pack motor from the parts box! I used the block, heads, front cover and exhaust manifolds from the Challenger and everything else from various parts boxes!! The rear hoos support attached to the fenders was cut out in favor of the firewall piece from the Challenger. Not a really difficult build but very satisfyling! I could do another half dozen \"E\" body Cudas! Definatly my favorite Mopar along with the \'second generation Charger!
__72__Cuda_22.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #26

Next is my Johan Superbird. This was also a kitbash with an AMT \'68 Road Runner supplying the chassis and running gear. Everything fit together like it was made for each other! Definalty my easiest kitbash yet!
__70_Superbird_14.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #27

And here is another Superbird! This one I got in a lot of 3 models, This is the Monogram 1/24 scale version. Now this one was basicly just a rebuild and face lift. Stripping the paint was easy, as someone had just clearcoated the blue plastic. I painted it Plum Crazy with a semi-gloss vinyl top. And I managed to find a set of custom rims and wider tires to give it a more agressive look. It\'s basicly a very nice kit! But the exhaust pipes are way too thin and the upright sail panels on the rear wing are a bit narrow for this scale. But overall it seems like it was a pretty good kit and well worth having!
__70_Superbird_24.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #28

And here\'s a back end shot of the monogram \'Bird! It has a nose down attitude built into the suspension that really give the agressive look! Enjoy!
__70_Superbird_25.jpg

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #29

Junior Boarder
Those are some nice build Hippie. I really enjoy seeing you bring these old builds back to life.................talk about recycling!!!

Re:Current projects 12 years, 10 months ago #30

Here\'s something else I did recently. It\'s a reissued AMT/MPC \'75 Blazer snap kit. this was a 2 day build! Most of that time was out into the tutone paint. Now I was stuck on the color, and my wife suggested the turquoise and white scheme! I did a very detailed interior and used the kit solid plastic tires! Outside, I added a sun visor and more off road lights to the roof.
__75_Blazer_Snapkit_7.jpg
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration