Dodge Bighorn 1/25 scale cab conversion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dodge Bighorn 1/25 scale cab conversion

Dodge Bighorn 1/25 scale cab conversion 9 years, 7 months ago #1

The second project on the table is this resin cab conversion on an AMT Kenworth cab over frame, from the reissue kit. The resin cab came from eBay and had quad headlights instead of the single round lights that came on the 1.1 trucks, so I removed them and will replace them with the single lights. The kit came with an interior from a Dodge 900 series LCF that wasn't quite accurate, so I am making my own interior floor and sidewalls. The seats are from a Revell Freightliner kit.
I added 1 1/2 inches to the Kenworth frame to fit the AMT Peterbilt sleeper behind the cab. Exhaust pipes from the engine to the stacks was made from 1/8 inch brass fuel line, which is easier to bend than brass tube. A new air intake had to be made so the air cleaner could be placed under the hood using parts from several different kits out of the junk box.

This is the test fit of the parts to see how it will work out. The hood was cut off the cab casting and a hinge was made for the hood to tilt, only managed to get a 45 degree tilt out of it. I'm still looking at options to make it tilt better.
Last Edit: 9 years, 7 months ago by oldtruck56.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration