Bandai 1/20 Ford Capri 1600 GT plastic kit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bandai 1/20 Ford Capri 1600 GT plastic kit

Bandai 1/20 Ford Capri 1600 GT plastic kit 3 months, 2 weeks ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>I know Bandai of japan for their Tinplate toys , I also they know they made other toys , i never knew they dis plastic kits, I got this a little while ago, somebody had made it up and left it it in the box complete with the instructions and old glue tubes, I have put it back together as it fell apart due to storage it's a great model just missing a rear light, side vent and windscreen wiper , I have never seen one so it is a rarity to me and a great add to my collection.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Bandai 1/20 Ford Capri 1600 GT plastic kit 3 months, 2 weeks ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Now that you have glued the A pillar back in place the left door looks like a much better fit to the opening. I also note it takes 2 standard Pen cells (batteries). Are they AAA or AA and does it run the rear wheels with a motor or just lights?
Looks like it was a great model new and you have yourself a nice find in pretty good shape. I am sure you can make up the rear tail light. You can find wipers online at various shops the sell that scale and other repro parts.
Is that a switch I see on the right side of the engine compartment?

Re: Bandai 1/20 Ford Capri 1600 GT plastic kit 3 months, 2 weeks ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I will check if it works it AA pencil battery but I don't hold much hope
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Bandai 1/20 Ford Capri 1600 GT plastic kit 3 months, 1 week ago #4

Platinum Boarder
All you can do is try it out. You just never know about these older toys. They can surprise you at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration