Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van

Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van 2 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Do not often buy plastic kitsets anymore as got plenty to build and modify. This one peaked my interest as it has multiple opening features.

Now i really rarely will build a straight kit and despite that this is a  Jagermeister I am happy to report the panels are white plastic.

Revell as well has a one for all policy so you will always have a choice of how you build your kit.

Got two sets of bumpers, one with overiders.

Way too many seats and windows. Unnecessary for a panelvan.

The project is a tough one to decide upon. First option is a Planet Diecast tribute. Its already white so that will be easier with the logo. Second option the Porsche Racing van. Plenty of photos of that one and water transfers are easy to make. Thid option a sleeper... stick in a mid-mounted Porsche engine. That would be heavily modified structurally with using the sprigs for a roll cage. However this van is way too nice for that. Fourth option a home build camper. Won't take much to add a high top to the van. In fact got a debilitated beetle that can do the job.

All in all i wanted to have a plastc kit worthy of the Franklin Mint i have in the same scale.

Its still up in the air what version i am going to build.

Richard k
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van 2 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Will be interesting any way you build it. Looking forward to this summer project for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van 2 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Unfortunately still have several other kitsets to finish.
Pocher Rolls-royce, pocher fiat f2, general lee, ferrari bb, Renault AE500 with Scania wrecker jib, renault ae500 winnebago, and the monogram corvette.
Making an insane camper from the bulli t1? Yes, i can make that happen

Re: Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van 2 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
You have lots to do, that is for sure. Will be nice to see the Rolls finished up.

Re: Revell 07076 VW T1 Kastenwagen Panel Van 2 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Me too.
Still up to the part of needing to build the motor, pop that in and then finish the rest of the brake and steering links.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration