Cadillac CTS-V Race Car
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cadillac CTS-V Race Car

Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 5 months ago #1

Hey all! I\'ve been kinda busy and haven\'t been able to get in here as often as I should! And I appologise for that. Besides my duties here (which I love!) I\'ve been building and managing a group I started for disabled modelers. For the last 5 weeks I\'ve been busy with project CTS. Basicly I\'ve taken the Revell Uptown Cadillac STS-V and threw away most of the kit!!! I kept body, glass, chrome and dash for the project. I\'ve called the project car a CTS for my purposes. The CTS 6 inches longer than the CTS and uses a Caddy Nortstar V8. While the CTS uses a Corvette LS2 engine. Anyway this have been occupying most of my time even thru the holiday season. here is a photo of the real car I\'m emulating. It will not be an exact replica as I cannot find certain pieces, but it will represent the car picured here.
112_0612_23z_cadillac_cts_v_left_side_view.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 5 months ago #2

Here\'s a pic of the chassis I have been building the last few weeks. This started out as a Revell Corvette C5-R rolling chassis. Basicly, I built the chassis as per Corvette instructions. the cut off the rollcage and cut it in two!! I added a almost a full inch mid chassis behind the driver, cut and attached a new rear belly pan and attached the whole rear suspension to that! looking as as many pics of the racer as i could find, I built the whole rest of the insides and pieced together the rollcage out of pieces of other rollcages! The suspension is unaltered as the Factory Cadillac team pretty much used a similar layout. I even have the fuel cell, fuel filler tubes and air ducting to direct hot driveline air out the back of the car thru the rear tag opening. !

Now the Revell STS kit is basicly a diecast kit that has had plastic run thru the same tooling! So it assembles identical to a diecast! which is why 2/3rds of the kit was useless to me! Revell is doing allot of this with recent releases. Nice raw material for building! I have tried to duplicate the chassis as much as I can see in my pics. In this pic the ONLY Caddy kit part is the dash!! The Caddy kit also gives me something very valuable, a carbon fiber decal hood overlay! The race car\'s dash is all naked carbon fiber!! NICE!! Anyway, with any kind of luck I hope to begind body paint by the end of the week!
Cadillac_CTS_V_32.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 3 months ago #3

hey all! Yea, I know I\'ve been kinda slack over here lately. But I\'ve been having some health issues and hospital stays. But enough of that! Back to Project CTS. it\'s done now I\'d I\'ll post a feew pics in thread here. First off I decidee on a different paint scheme than I planned on. what i chose was from the \'08 season their last tunI understasnd that the main driver, Andy Pilgrim is now driving for Team Volvo!But here is a pic with the doors off, I left them removable as there was no place to put a hinge!
Cadillac_CTS_V_38.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 3 months ago #4

And here is a finished photo. I made the decals myself and will add more later.
Cadillac_CTS_V_43.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 3 months ago #5

Cadillac_CTS_V_45.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 3 months ago #6

Cadillac_CTS_V_46.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 12 years, 3 months ago #7

Cadillac_CTS_V_47.jpg

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 11 years, 10 months ago #8

Fresh Boarder
Hippie, long time no see! LOL
So, where are you on this project? I\'m very interested to see the completed racer. Great work!

Chris

Re:Cadillac CTS-V Race Car 11 years, 10 months ago #9

Hey there! I\'ve been around here and there. The Cadillac is finished! All but a proper ram air intake! the doors and hood lift out, the trunk opens and the whole body shell lifts off! It was allot of work!!!
Cadillac_CTS_V_43-1aaf9b4b6688eadb923813e33edf0f26.jpg
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration