Tackling the Corvette again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tackling the Corvette again

Tackling the Corvette again 7 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
One of things I have to make time for is when a particular project stalls because it became to difficult.

I then take a long break and hope to get back to it soon.

I had a little accident during the paint cycle. It fell on concrete and the bodywork looked like a cracked mirror.

To fix the problem glue was never going to hold, on the inside I used duct ape,  the strong MacGyver tape. Can't see it as its on the inside of the body. Outside loads of filler.

I had to let that 'mature' so will need to sand it down before prime and the painting I was aiming for. 

Re: Tackling the Corvette again 7 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
RVREVO wrote:
One of things I have to make time for is when a particular project stalls because it became to difficult.

I then take a long break and hope to get back to it soon.

I had a little accident during the paint cycle. It fell on concrete and the bodywork looked like a cracked mirror.

To fix the problem glue was never going to hold, on the inside I used duct ape,  the strong MacGyver tape. Can't see it as its on the inside of the body. Outside loads of filler.

I had to let that 'mature' so will need to sand it down before prime and the painting I was aiming for.

Just had to edit this, Jim

Too bad about the accident but you will get it right.
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Tackling the Corvette again 7 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim, was using my mobile phone, which for some strange reason made the fonts small.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration