\'54 Chevy...new life in an old friend
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: \'54 Chevy...new life in an old friend

\'54 Chevy...new life in an old friend 12 years, 7 months ago #1

I was digging around out in \"the vault\" and found one of my old buildups. I built this probably 20-25 years ago and it\'s still in pretty good shape. The only thing wrong was all the suspension was busted!! And it was painted way before I ever heard of chrome foil for trim work, so all the chrome was carefully hand painted in silver! I forgot that i used to paint that good!! So it got all it\'s suspension rebuilt, chrome foil appliedgenerally cleaned up, and a new set of \"shoes\"! I replaced the old Cragar wheels it had as they were scarred and generally had bad oxidised chrome. so now it\'s sports some brand new Centerline wheels and new tires. I gave it a coat of Future over the old paint and the blue metallic really pops out at you! Looks like new paint! The white top has some marks on it but not so bad! and this one had opening doors and trunk to boot! As long as i was at it I put on anew license tag as the old one was generic and out of scale! I\'ll post more pix of it in my gallery! Enjoy!
__54_Chevy_8.jpg
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration