Current projects 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Current projects 2

Re:Current projects 2 12 years, 3 months ago #16

Been kinda busy lately and here are some new projects. this is a \'79 Ford 4X4 pickup. It was litterally a basket case!!! A bunch of parts in a very dusty box! This kit was originally a first gen Bigfoot! but it also had a few stock pickup parts with it. I totally replaced the driveline from a couple different 4X4 pickup scrappers and the rims & tires from the AMTY \'84 GMC. I rebuilt the model\'s 429 V8 and added a Chevy transfer case. Rollbar was Bigfoot modified into a double bar. Now I had a HUGE hole in the hood where the Bigfoot\'s blower stuck out! But a friend of mine supplied me with a Checy cowl induction scoop that more than convere dht hole! Paint is Duplicolor Royal Blue and looks perfect on the Ford truck! I\'m really proud of how it turned out!
__79_Ford_F_250_13.jpg

Re:Current projects 2 12 years, 3 months ago #17

Now, I\'m sure most of you know what a Cadillac Escalade is. BIG luxury 4 wheel drive upper crust status cruiser. Well, that\'s not exatly what we have here! this Escalade EXT is my vision od what could happen to these trucks say, 15-20 years down the road from now. NO self respecting hunter or outdoorsman would turn down a perfectly good 4x4 ever!! So I\'ve done everything to this Escalade that shouldn\'t be done! Like toss out all that slick 4 wheels drive stuff for some real man\'s off road parts!! Jack it up in the air, Monster mudder tires and a camoflage paint job! With a GOLD Cadillac crest on the grill! I almost didn\'t even install the grill as it looked great without it! it\'s also got a CB antenna made out of very thin stainless steel wire, so it will never get broken off at a SCALE 102 inches! And what self respecting redneck 4X4 be with the obligatory Rebel Flag on it\'s own flag pole hanging off the back! I gotta tell ya this was an absolute ball to do! I hope you all enjoy it! 
Off_road_Escalade_6.jpg

Re:Current projects 2 12 years, 3 months ago #18

Off_road_Escalade_7.jpg

Re:Current projects 2 12 years, 3 months ago #19

Off_road_Escalade_8.jpg

Re:Current projects 2....Something a bit different 12 years, 2 months ago #20

I thought I\'d do a model I don\'t normally do. What you see here is a \'65 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 dirt track racer. it\'s part of the AMT \"Modified Stockers\" series that has been rereleased over the last several years. I chose the Olds becauase it\'s BIG!!!! It\'s pretty much built basicly out of the box with some personal touches. First the decals, they are from some ancient NASCAR kit and have been in my decal box longer than I remember!

Now this kit comes with HUGE slicks all\'round. I gave them a real working over with the ol\' Dremel tool! Scuffed the surface down a bunch and then cut criss cross tread patterns in the tires much the way they would be done in real life. Gotta have tread to grip the dirt! The motor is the Olds 425 with tall breather and headers ducted out the fenders behind the front tires. And for something different, this one got a driver figure!

Another mod was to raise the rollcage as it was too low in the car. It actually covered the driver\'s eyes!! So the whole cage was raised 1/4 inch all round. Now thw grill definatly needed replacine, as it basicly didn\'t have one! It was just a solid chrome sheet that you glued some rally cheesey plastic screen to. NO WAY!! I found some very small expanded steel and cut a small piece for a grill insert. I jammed it in place and hit the back side with super glue. The crash bars and skirting were painted in magnesium Metaliser for a better effect. The paint is just cheap rattle can Cherry Red and Bright yellow!. And yes, it sports a home made \"Toy Collector\" decal on it\'s sides! Enjoy all!
__65_Olds_Stocker_9.jpg

Re:Current projects 2....Something a bit different 12 years, 2 months ago #21

__65_Olds_Stocker_10.jpg

Re:Current projects 2....Something a bit different 12 years, 2 months ago #22

__65_Olds_Stocker_11.jpg

Re:Current projects 2....Something a bit different 12 years, 2 months ago #23

__65_Olds_Stocker_13.jpg

Re:Current projects 2....Something a bit different 12 years, 2 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
that\'s definitely different. well done.

Re:Current projects 2....Something a bit different 12 years, 2 months ago #25

Administrator
I love this one! It\'s fantastic! Do you have more pics?
When the Toy Collector Dinky Vans were being picked out, we weren\'t sure there would be enough vans, so the other choice was to do a 50\'s stock car Hudson with Toy Collector sponsor logos, but in the end there were enough vans so we didn\'t do it!

Re:Current projects 2 11 years, 7 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
That is smokin..... where did you get the lift

Re:Current projects 2.........New Stuff! 11 years, 7 months ago #27

Hey everybody! Back again! And this time I had surgery to fix the blocked arteries in my neck! If you want to hear about it just let me know! In the mean time I\'ve been very busy, and falling down on the job posting it here. I just uploaded 39 new pics to my photo gallery if you want to take a peek! I\'ve posted an example here of my pain jane \'70 Oldsmobile 442 W-30 Ram Air. This car won a place in Drag City Casting\'s gallery page, as I\'m using one of their hoods on this project! Got lots more where that came from!
__70_Olds_442_9.jpg
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration