Whats on the bench
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whats on the bench

Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #1

New Revell Kit, earlyer this year i cut the doors out and hinged them as well as the trunk lids ( did both of them). and it didn\'t get picked up
So i decided i might as well build it now.........and it felt good!
The interior i started painting as well, its painted medium desert tan..
Haven\'t decided on body color yet.

And the engine i may use is the 302 with two fours on top of a tunnel ram raided from the parts box.......

1932_Ford_five_window_coupe_project_001.jpg

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #2

Nice start! I\'ve got to get back to working on plastic. I\'ve been concentrating on the N scale layout for most of the past 6 months, but there are a couple plastic kits in the garage that are screaming for attention.

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #3

Thanks oldtruck! I have an update coming up.....

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #4

Heres my update........
Have the suspension pieces in place (stillneed to install the hairpins yet.. but got the chassis up on four wheels now..............
and started to build the engine........
1932_ford_5window_004.jpg

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #5

Administrator
Hi Scalemodelrestoration - great to see you back on the site and that is one slick-looking rod! Great detailing and your hingework is great - I can\'t wait to see it finished in whatever colour you choose for it.

Do you have a tutorial on how to make hinges? I have a large-scale diecast project that also needs new hinges made that 1/24 kit methods would probably work for too (I want to convert a model from having suicide doors to front-hinged ones to make it a later version of the car it is).

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That is a sweet model and a great looking car. I too would be interested in learning how you do the hinges on your doors. I know of a couple of methods but they don\'t always work on all projects.

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 9 months ago #7

Are you using an after market wiring/distributor kit or making your own?

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 7 months ago #8

Ok folks slowly getting back to building..........fresh paint and clear here

Re:Whats on the bench 10 years, 7 months ago #9

Finished this last week..............

was a basket case when i got it and  grafted two bodys togather to make one.....
1967 Ford Fairlane GT

• Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration