\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: \'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild

\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 9 months ago #1

hey all! Been working on a rebuild of this  Chevy truck. It was painted metallic blue originally. I\'m doing a buildup to match the box art of the original kit. The body and bed are in paint, Model Master Bright Yelow. Ening is built and I have to refinish the frame and run a little foil. Then I can start thr buildup.
__55_Chevy_Pickup_3.jpg

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #2

I have not been doing the i9n progress pics on this like I normally do! The Truck is coming aling nicely. In fact I forgot what a well engineered kit this is! I\'ve had to toss in some new parts from the vault to make this truck right. All new windows and a totally new interior tub. Should be lookin\' mighty fine when it\'s done!
__55_Chevy_Pickup_7.jpg

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Well I say it is one fine model so far. I really like your engine stand. You should have a little goose neck engine lifter. I saw a site somewhere that sells them in most scales. I will have to find it and post it. JN

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #4

I\'ve seen the hoist you are talking about at California car cover\'s site in 1/18 scale, as part of a complte garage set. I think Northern tool sells it also. For the 1/18 scale collectors, it\'s well worth the price to pick up for diorama work. There are two sets that I\'ve seen, one with the hoist, engine stand and various tools, another with roll away tool boxes, ramps and tools. Fairfield mint and National Motor Mint also had them, but they may have clearanced them out.

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
WEll I have seen the finished model. Hippie sent me pictures this morning and i tell you I sure hope he posts them soon. The Truck looks great. My son\'s eyes will pop out when i send the photos to him tonight. He has done a wonderful job of matching up to the box art and has gone the extra mile too. He has a Canadian Flag on the Front bumper Plate holder and my Call name, Nobleco, on the rear licence plate. I think that is too cool. Way to go Hippie and please post pics here soon.
Nobleco

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #6

Well folks, here is the finished product! I know I\'m pleased with it. and I have to say there were no major problems with this kit. I do have to make one confession though. during finall assembly I managed to knock over a full glass of ice water on my work bench!! Now this didn\'t really hurt anything, except my feelings and a sheet of runed sand paper! But in the fiasco folling cleanup I lost the rear bumper brackets!!! Couldn\'t find them anywhere! so I had to make ne ones from sheet plastic! so the only problem was self inflicted!! LOL!!
__55_Chevy_Pickup_8.jpg

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #7

And here\'s the engine bay
__55_Chevy_Pickup_9.jpg

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 12 years, 8 months ago #8

And the goin\' away shot! Later today I\'m going to add these to my personal gallery along with a Jeep Pickup I just finished!
__55_Chevy_Pickup_10.jpg

Re:\'55 Chevy Truck Rebuild 11 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
That looks like a cameo cab with a step side bed ...... very nice i like the yellow, it is such a hot color for a rod
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration