Completed Monogram 1985 Trans Am *PICS*
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Completed Monogram 1985 Trans Am *PICS*

Completed Monogram 1985 Trans Am *PICS* 12 years, 9 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I\'ve had this kit longer than my wife and kids. Finally took the time to build it.  This was my most favorite 3rd gen and so I built it in the launch colors. Or, how I would have purchased a real one had I the money. TS-14 Black, TS13-Clear on body TS-46 Sand interior with Testor\'s tan flocking. My how I have forgotten how bad the decals were back in the day. Lots of milky film and thick. Since the decals have been drying some of them have wrinkled a bit. I hope to get them to lay down with some Micro set. Lots of different glues to hold this thing together because unbeknown to me the body had a slight warp as did the front and rear window. Epoxy is holding the front window and then CA glue to hold the rear taillight/bumper to the car. Here are a couple of pics:  

Chris

Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by crispy.

Re:Completed Monogram 1985 Trans Am *PICS* 12 years, 9 months ago #2

Junior Boarder
very nice work!! paint looks flawless and the details look spot on!! bravo!!!

Re:Completed Monogram 1985 Trans Am *PICS* 12 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Very realistic. You should work on the scale of the background. If it fit that could be a real car the detailing is so fine. JN

Re:Completed Monogram 1985 Trans Am *PICS* 12 years, 9 months ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the comments guys!
As far as the \"scale\" background. I\'m basically looking at light for the pictures. Outdoor shots are fun to take and I really don\'t try to waste time on setting up a space to shoot.

Chris
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration