GTO (foose style)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: GTO (foose style)

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #16

Absolutly! By the time you reach that point you should be using tweezers or something to hold the P.E., Future is self leveling like paint! I use it in window repairs too. In fact here lately I\'ve been using it allot to seal on foil! You can apply it over paint, chrome, clear, everything! if you use it over paint be sure it\'s gassed out at least a couple days first.

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I have not tried it to coat a whole model. I have been told that it will wash off if it gets wet. I do use it for a lot of my older windshields with slight scratches as it fill them in and you can\'t see them anymore. Cracks it helps hide but they are still noticable. Have never used photo etched emblems, in fact have never even seen one and only heard about them through you guys. Same as the foil and the plastic stripper Purple Tank Stuff. Don\'t seem to be able to find it here in Canada. We do have different laws etc. Like the caustic soda you can get at the hardware store in England is pure. In Canada you need a permit (WHMS Certificate)in order to buy the stuff and use it. Then I found out that it is not anywhere near as good as the stuff in England and I need a higher certificate to buy and use that stuff. Boy oh Boy, Draino is stronger than the stuff I can get here in Canada. Not even really happy with the furniture stripper I use either. I am happy about finding that Vinegar takes rust off like crazy and even strips the paint off the base plates on Dinky Toys. Saves me a lot if time with a wire wheel and sand paper. WOW.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration