GTO (foose style)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: GTO (foose style)

GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
here is another one i completed a little while ago!!!

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Your paint and attention to detail is great. Why are none of these in the contests. Nobleco.

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #3

Are the belts from the kit or after market? I don\'t remember seeing those before...

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #4

Junior Boarder
they are aftermarket!! they are by eduard!! i really like them, most of my builds have them!! they are photo etch pieces!! they take me about an hour a seat to put them together!! about 40 photo etch pieces per seat!!

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
What do you use for your wireing. Is it wire or piping and what diameter for 1/24-25. JN

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #6

Junior Boarder
most of my wiring is from PROTECH!! his braided line and wiring i think is the best on the market!!! if you guys would like a link just let me know!!!

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #7

Junior Boarder
Great build, love the paint job on the body, its very well done.

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #8

I\'m curious, do you ever have a problem with the paint you use attacking the plastic? The results you get are amazing, the auto paint would make me a little nervous. I\'ve had some bad reactions with exotic paints on some plastic kits.

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #9

Junior Boarder
no, not yet!! but i make sure i use a good primer(plasti-kote t-235, or dupli-color fp101!! spray cans)) if there is a bare spot and just the plastic and no primer it sometimes will hcraze it!! but, i havent any kind of problems with it!!

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #10

Do you shave the trim on all your builds? I\'ve got a Nova going that has some photo etch and it\'s got me stalled. I\'m afraid that I will screw up the photo etch when I cut it and that I\'ll screw up the paint when I glue it on. Some of it is really small. Got any tips?

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #11

Hey all! I know I\'ve been M.I.A. lately but I\'ve had some things to do and not enough time to do them!! But anyway, let me drop my 2 cents worth in here. I short I prime everything!! I use Duplicolor primers in the spray bombs, as they are easy, will work under any paint, and comes in colors! There\'s light and dark hot rod gray, black, white and red oxide. I\'ve sprayed enamels, acrylics, laquers and eve nail polish over them with no problems! And there is a side benefit to the Duplicolor primers. Should you goof up the paint or if it just is old and needs a repaint, the primers make it easier to strip off the colors! Which I\'ve had to do lately, 4 times to the same body!!!!!! Humidity and Candy colors don\'t mix!! LOL!!

and I haven\'t said before, the GTO is fabulous!! I haven\'t tried doing a \"Foose\" style paint job yet but I think I will shortly.

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #12

Junior Boarder
very true hippie!! i 2nd what you just said!!! and oldtruck, i dont shave the trim on all!! the Baldwin Motion chevelle,still has all it trim!! the photo-etch can be tricky!! i would use a good set of needle nose twizzers and use a slow super glue, put it on the part and then touch a towel or something lightly, this will remove some of the extra glue then put it in place!!

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #13

Hey, here\'s a little trick I found in applying photo etch emblems. Ever use Future Acrylic floor polish? These days it\'s called Pledge with Future shine. it\'s a clear acrylic that can be used to \"wax\" models. What to do is take a paint brush and apply a bit of Future, then apply the p.e. emblem. then you can lighly coat it and it will stay forever!!  Or untill you decide to strip the paint off! LOL!! That works nicely for flat emblems. I get to do that whenever i decide to build that \'70 Torino GT!

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #14

So instead of crazy glue, you stick it on with the wax? Does it leave fingerprints if you touch it when you set the photo etch in place or will it smooth itself out? I like the idea, it beats the heck out of glueing my fingers to the model, again.

Re:GTO (foose style) 12 years, 9 months ago #15

Junior Boarder
you just coat the back side with the future first!! then once its set you can brush the front side!! future is a acylic clear!!
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration