Aston Martin DB5 completed on a very sad day
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aston Martin DB5 completed on a very sad day

Re: Aston Martin DB5 completed on a very sad day 4 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
It is a tough time when this happens. Same with my Dad 2 years ago now. Wow, Tomorrow is the day.
Things will get better and some people just have to do this to help them through the tough times. Sooner done, sooner it is over.
You still have all those memories of her and yourself so keep that in mind when things like this happen. Make sure you have a few special things of hers too. This will help down the road.
Wish I could be there to help and console.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 completed on a very sad day 4 years, 7 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
had the cremation on the 15th of feb, had to make a speech, i was filming the event, you know for the family in holland.

had not the courage to play the raw footage back yet.

couple days later it hit me incredibly hard, shingles, shaking uncontrolably, I was terribly ill. could not go to work.
Then on Friday i felt fine.

the usual angry letters from late parcels, did not react angrily at all.

I figure am now in a different phase, but this non-feeling, no reactional or angry outbursts I usually have with stress... nothing.
no stress at all - very weird feeling.

Will have a little ceremony of planting Mum's ashes in her garden under her favorite tree.
(she always loved seeing photos of your garden Jim).

We're busy clearing the collections of books.
Selling the bulk to a bookstore.
(if it was the other way around...)

At least the family are taking some interest in the books mum has kept on every genre imaginable.

Managed to keep a few for myself, and saw an opportunity to get rid of a lot of books I no longer want.

Still a big mess to clear though.

Once everything is settled I can show off more of my collection. I have several new models that are impressive.

Thank yo all for your well wishes and sympathies.

Richard K
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, Teebodk, RoutemasterNL

Re: Aston Martin DB5 completed on a very sad day 4 years, 7 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Richard and I do know your Mom liked my flower gardens. Been doing a lot around the yard the last few years now and not many of them have survived moving them around. Will be getting more in later this year though.
Time heals all wounds and it gets easier as time goes on. I know this is cliche but it is true. The numbness wears off and your left standing alone. Feels strange and you wonder what it is. No reaction, no feelings, just alone. You miss your Mom and that is what it feels like to realize she is gone....but not forgotten. I can tell you miss here sorely.
Books, books and more books. Sounds like my Dad. We did the same, kept some (wish I had kept more) and most were sold to a book store. Same as you, clearing out the belongings of a loved one is tough but must be done.
My thoughts are will you and your Dad these day.
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Aston Martin DB5 completed on a very sad day 4 years, 7 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for 'letting us in' Richard. Remember your mom and the good things you did together. Thinking about her will, in time, make you smile.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration