Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #16

Alittle late but heres a cruzer

MVC762S.jpg

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I actually went there for a visit but as usual I was late and Jim had left the building.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Well it is about 4 hours ago tomorrow to you from me so.....I was probably in bed.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 4 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Well I has been just over 1 year since Hippie passed. I am sure there are lots of folks, like me, who miss him a lot, one year later. Rest in Peace in Modelers Heaven, buddy. Your work has been taken care of and your family is doing fine, from what little I have heard. Life goes on but memories last forever. Miss ya buddy.
Jim N

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 4 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Yes, like all great artists, Hippie's modelling work lives on through the pages of Toy Collector.

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Well, it is now 2 years sinced Hippie passed and it seems like it was yesterday. I still miss his banter and talk of the models he was working on or had plans for. I have two of his builds here with me that hold a very special spot. Not just because Hippie built them for me but they were models that I had built with my two children when they were young and they hold a doulble special place in my heart.

Build on Good Buddy. We all know your wowing them in Model Makers Heaven.

Jim

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Here are just three of the many many models in his Gallery.

We still love you and your buildsbuddy.

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
I find it deeply moving to witness the impact of Hippie here on TC. I arrived too late to 'meet' him so I'm looking at this 'relationship' as an outsider. Relationship? Yeah... on the surface it's easy to assume that TC is just a bunch of collectors exchanging views, tips and photos, but it goes much deeper than that, doesn't it?

The respect and warm thoughts still surrounding Hippie 2 years after his passing is a great legacy for him and I'm sure he'd be humbled and honored if he knew that he has become such a symbol of the bonds that can exist here on TC.

I guess to many, our hobby may seem strange... nerdy. I mean, how many non-collectors would understand how it's possible to discuss for days the shape of a rivet, or a tiny change in the paint-scheme of an old toy car. Or how we can spend fortunes on old toys... crazy isn't it? On TC it's not crazy, it's a way of life... and a good one, right?

Hippie, I salute you, wherever you are. Thanks for your many contributions both in text and photos, but also in building this warm community of like-minded souls across the globe.

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #24

Gold Boarder
Only heard of Hippie earlier today when Nobleco mentioned he did similar work to myself with plastics (Code 3's).  Managed to look up some of his pieces, magnificant stuff, would like to see more if I could be directed to the appropriate site.

I belong to a retired police officers association, and we believe that the loss of one of our elder members is like a library burning down.  I get the feeling, from what has been posted, that that would be an appropriate comment for Hippie.

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
This is a memorial site started up by some of the people on modeling groups he belonged to. Disabledmodelers comes to mind too.

users3.smartgb.com/g/g.php?a=s&i=g35-69488-34

You can also do a search in the galleries here on Toy Collector for Hippie and view lots of his models there.

groups.yahoo.com/group/MCC-Diecastdrive/.../1663149055/pic/list

That takes you to MCC diecastdrive where Hippie and I met and he also had a lot of pictures. I is also a site He and Jay [jacarco] ran.

I sure miss his wit and humour.

Meet ya at the drive-in on Friday??? Eh, buddy???

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Wow this guy created some fine peices of work, now i have 7 muscle cars here, may think about going town on them.

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Go for it, would love to see your work. It really is too bad there was no one to take over for Hippie. He was so into his models. He wrote long descriptions when he would present his builds and it was like they were real cars and trucks he was working on. He had a garage, staff, a wrecking yard and we would go on cruises on Friday Night to the local drive in for a burger and a root beer, his favorites. I sure miss his banter.

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
GeorgeT Wrote:

Only heard of Hippie earlier today when Nobleco mentioned he did similar work to myself with plastics (Code 3's).  Managed to look up some of his pieces, magnificant stuff, would like to see more if I could be directed to the appropriate site.

I belong to a retired police officers association, and we believe that the loss of one of our elder members is like a library burning down.  I get the feeling, from what has been posted, that that would be an appropriate comment for Hippie.

If you a Yahoo member you can take the link I put up and then sign in so see pages of his work. It was all bought by one collector in the southern states and is on display in a seperate shop built just for the purpose of displaying other peoples models. Hippie has his own section that gets changed out from time to time. Sorry but I don't know who it was as they asked not to be identified on the net.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeT

Re: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 9 years, 4 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
wow, two years gone by so quick.

Here's toast for an old model builder friend. Thanks for all your hints and advise.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration