Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday

Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hello all who knew Hippie and those who did not. Do a search for him and you will know him as a great plastic model builder, forum leader, helper in need and all round good guy at large, and I mean large. Having said that there is a memorial run to the local Burger Joint in Lake City Florida this Friday afternoon. NOT exactly sure of the time and hope to post later but Hippie usually took off work at  Hippie\'s Speed and Custom and went for dinner at the local Burger Joint almost every Friday night. He would encourage you to bring your latest build, as he did, to the do every weekend. Lets see what your building or have built, he would say and the really want to see that you brought. He always brought a different ride and sometimes it was for a customer and sometimes for him self but it was always a class ride, for sure. So, Join in tomorrow night, should be 4:00pm EST maybe 4:30 but I hope to know tonight.
You have to belong to the group to comment and post pictures (it is email based so no problem with picture sizes etc) but I think you can just look my going to the site. It is located here. Join up and bring along any thing you have for a car or truck to honor and give tribute to one of our own. James Hippie Bush.
__55_Chevy_Pickup_8-56596370dacf9252ff18d590027b440e.jpg

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
One of Hippie\'s finer creations. Would love to see it at the memorial.

I have just heard that Hippies whole collection was bought by one person. He built an addition to his house to house models he buys from builders and has a plaque for each builder in this room and sections them off accordingly. Hippies whole collection is there and on display from what I have just been told. His family must be proud to have him recognized so.
__34_Ford_Truck_9-5152ede9c71fddd160e1c8a9be47e20b.jpg

Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
This is from a buddy and friend of Hippies about the Memorial today and over the whole weekend. Come join us if you knew Hippie (James Bush) aka Hippie Freak
We here at  \"models by jonathan\" would like to officially invite everyone to the miniature car collectors \"Modelers Clubhouse\" for a weekend long discussion beginning Friday afternoon after the James Bush memorial crooze in remembrance of the great models and cars Hippie loved so much. here is the link please save it to your favorites as even after this memorial we will still be there every night building models and discussing model cars, resins, and everything modeling. there are some people in there now already remembering our dear friend Hippie.  In case anyone is interested here is the link http://www.chatzy.com/222930834531 .  Even if you don\'t want to talk at least say hi when you stop by, you guys please let all the other groups know about it and pass the link on, thank-you all and we will see ya at the crooze tomorrow around 430 pm central time.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #5

Administrator
It\'s great news about Hippie\'s collection of builds being kept together. I hope selling it all in one go and knowing it\'s being kept together was easier and quicker than selling individually and splitting it up for Paula too.

I was just thinking of Hippie the other day when I started building the Aurora Ferrari I found at a bootsale a while back. When I first found it, I didn\'t know what it was and posted it as a \"Mystery kit\" in the kit section and we all chatted about it. I went back and checked out the thread and it was nice to see his posts still there.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #6

Gold Boarder
Indeed, it is nice that it stayed together - it must be quite large giving that he constantly had some new items!  Jim, if the new owner wants to put up a gallery we will make sure it will be easy to find.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I am talking with Jon about it and another guy from Disabled Modelers Group who actually knows the guy. He is still buying display cabinets and building shelves etc for the room but does have some of Hippie\'s cars on display. I want to find out where They are and how many there are. I would also like some pictures to post.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Another of Hippies builds for me.

__55_Chevy_Convertable_7.jpg

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes Hippie always liked to set the scene thus bringing reality into effect with his detailed dioramas.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Even added in the Canadian flag as a front license plate.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #11

Fresh Boarder
hey i remember when he built you that car it was last fall wasnt it ?

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Yes it was Jon. Nice to see you here. He did a great build of a model my son and I started years ago and never finished. Funny how that goes but Hippie came to the rescue for me.
Here she is all loaded up and ready to go off to the next show behind the truck he  built for me.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Here it is.,
Truck_and_Car___3.JPG

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Terrific.

Re:Hippie\'s Friday Night Cruise to the Burger Drive_In - Friday 10 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
www.chatzy.com/222930834531
Come join the chat, just pick a name and a color. few of us talking about Hippie

• Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration