62 Belair with a twist!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 62 Belair with a twist!!!

62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
this is one i built 9 months ago and showed it at a show and placed 2nd!! then a guy offered me a deal i couldnt refuse so i sold it!! it combines a 06 corvette Z06 suspension, wheels, engine, drive train, dash and so on!! i also opened and hinged the trunk!!

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #2

Junior Boarder

Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by modeltech.

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
That is an awesome model!  You got to enter the competition!  At the moment you would be at least 2nd (since we only have two entries

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #4

GEEZ!! I might as well take my \'55 to the crusher!! You do stuff I just can\'t do anymore for health reasons!! That\'s contest calibur stuff!!

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #5

Junior Boarder
thanks fellass!! your 55 is sweet!! these are 2 differant types of models!!

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #6

yes, true! One big difference is what i said, your stuff is contest ready! Whereas I\'m building solely for the love of building! So I\'m not working at the same detail level by choice. I can hand have built like that, and it\'s a great feeling when it all goes right! As for me, my health is not so good and it affects my hands and eyes. But I still do the best i can, and try to teach others with my progress pics!
Your stuff is great and pleas do show more!! And do\'nt be afrade to start a thread and show your builds as they progress. After all, we are about informing, educating, and never forget to have fun with the hobby!! I\'m learning stuff from the diecast guys all the time!

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Hippie. Post your models and enter at least one in the contest. Your are most definetly of top calibur. Hippie learns from us diecast guys and we learn from you plastic guys. Works both ways in my book so keep posting.
I love your paint. Do you  Clear it ? ?  ?

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #8

Junior Boarder
well, thanks guys!!! yes i clear it. i use Dupont premier bases, and premier 3 part clear!! it is real car paint.. i am an estimator at a body shop and have been around this work for 18 years!! i am currently 34 and have a wife and a 4 1/2 year old boy that i dearly love!! just about 4 years ago i started getting antsy because i stopped doing the body work and was writing estimates and then a friend of mine showed me a model he had built, and thats all it took!!  he gave me the 67 chevelle Max Rat that you see i posted, and i went to work shaving everything and using the skills i had learned over the years and put it to the plastic!! i love building models, i am just trying to detail them like the real cars right now!! i have a few box stock builds that i will post this weekend! but like you have both said we learn from each other and make great friends along the way!! hippie i have never really weathered a car before and that is something i can learn from you!! i love the results you have got!! i have only been building for 4 years but, i am more then happy to answer any questions you guys have!!! thanks a million!!

Shannon

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 12 years, 9 months ago #9

Junior Boarder
Awesome build, your Belair is a work of art!!

Re:62 Belair with a twist!!! 11 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
that is super clean

• Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration