Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em!

Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 12 years, 10 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I\'ll start out:

Hasegawa Toyota Corolla WRC

Revell Acura Integra

Tamiya Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4

Fujimi Isuzu Impulse

Hasegawa Mitsubishi Galant VR4 1000 Lakes Rally car

Fujimi Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII Ralli Art Street version

Tamiya Nissan R34 Z-Tune

That covers my Asian stuff.
Chris

Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by Joschik.

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 12 years, 10 months ago #2

He\'s right! let\'s see some more quality Asian cars!! BTW Chris, love the Rallye Art Mitubishi! Used to have that kit!! Now people, I have been to Hobby Link Japan\'s website, and they list 1000 JAPANESE CAR KITS at any given time!! I KNOW we can get up 50 in here!! Bring\'em out Dudes and Dudettes!!

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 11 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
you have a good eye for these cars

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 11 years, 7 months ago #4

Administrator
The Isuzu Impulse / Piazza! There\'s a blast from the past!

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 11 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
As my handle denotes only Mitsubishi fans would\'ve figured out what my favourite car is to \'own\'.

So here\'s a combination of the two.
A Mitsubishi Evo 5 in scale 1/43 (can\'t recall who made it)

And a Mitsubishi Pajero, scale 1/18 by Solido

My car is a combination of these two... an RVR Evo

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 11 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Wasn\'t the Isuzu Impulse also known as the Holden Piazza??? T\'was around the time that Isuzu and Holden shared a lot of products like the Holden Jackaroo and Isuzu Bighorn.

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 11 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Universal World Design sharing resources like Ford Australia, General Motors Holden are linked to the parent companies in the USA who are also linked with the Japanese and other Asian manufactures. In other words they buy into the share market for greater control.

Re:Hippie started Euro cars, How about the Asian market? Show\'em! 11 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
actually it had to do with taxes.

importing a foreign car cost a lot more money, for instance a Toyota would cost a lot more in Europe just like a VW would cost way more in Australia and New Zealand.
So to cut down on the loss of revenue accrued due to their product being too expensive to buy, some manufacturers like Chrysler put their finger in the pie by Mitsubishi and Talbot. Hence why the 1981 Mitsubishi Galant is also known as the Chrysler Galant.

Did I mention I\'m a Mitsi fan???
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration