Completed So far this year 3 of them
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Completed So far this year 3 of them

Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #1

Two i just finished with in the last two days.......
They are

1963 Ford Fairlane 2dr Sedan (Roof from a 1962 Fairlane) body work was done and painted before i got it, i did the engine interior trans and bare metal foil work....and

did up some tires and wheels............

Next up i just finished this morning it is a 1962 Ford Fairlane 2dr hardtop (Roof grafted on by me from a \'63 Fairlane) to make it a hard top........

And the first one built this year just a few weeks ago is my rotted hot rod where i chopped the top a scale 4 inches and rusted it thru out! 1937 Ford Panel truck

1963_Fairlane_Finished_004.jpg

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #2

Here\'s the 1962 Ford Fairlane

1962_Fairlane__FINISHED_001.jpg

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #3

Here\'s the Rotted Hot Rod 1937 Ford Panel Van

Finished_1937_Ford_Panel_Van_004.jpg

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #4

Nice! Like the weld lines left in the panels posts and walls. Rust seems to be the hot ticket this year in both the plastic and diecast arenas. It\'s just starting to warm up enough for me to get some plastic out and start painting some of the WIPs I\'ve had on ice this past winter.

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #5

Thanks old truck!! seems rust is in and have a buddy thats just knockin em out of the ball park lately!!
He got me hooked on a new system of rusting..........

Mj

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Is it just me or is the cowl backwards???

Just thinking all this hot air spewing out over the windscreen will fog it up real bad...

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #7

Clean air intake to carbs not hot air vent.

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Aha, it works in reverse... got it, thanks

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #9

Thanks Richard,
To answer your question, this style isnt a cowl hood but is of a tear drop, it is meant to pull in fresh air for when the car is going down the road or were it originally started from is drag racing.................
The shape of the tear drop is meant to curculate the air around the opening sorta like a tornado effect....air is drawn in thru the opening..
hope this clears it up a little for ya..........

Re:Completed So far this year 3 of them 11 years, 3 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
ofcourse the other question is, does it actually work? I always thought the wedge shape worked best with creating a vortex for that extra push.

In this effect with the bonnet backward scoop in mind it a bit odd. Also the \'ram-air\' scoop appears to be more effective as well, as can be seen with current modified cars in races.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration