God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush)

God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #1

You will be sorely missed!!!!
Prayers to Paula Bush.......

Mj

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #2

Fresh Boarder
I was absolutely floored when I read that Hippie passed away last night.  He was a good friend and terrific modeler.  We bantered back and forth quite a bit about which was better.....stock cars or drag cars.  I will miss him.  My prayer go out to Paula and the entire Bush family.  We lost a great one here.
Alex

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Condolences to the family of Hippie.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #4

Terrible news! He will be missed by all. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Sad news, indeed. Hippie will be sorely missed by all who knew him. Great Modeler and a great friend. Condolences to Paula and the Bush Family.
Rest in Peace, Hippie, you will be missed but not forgotten.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #6

Administrator
Hello everybody,

I was very, very sad to receive this news this morning - Hippie was an integral part of Toy Collector and a great friend and will be very much missed.
I am now back at my hotel and having net connectivity problems, but I will be publishing a short acknowledgement & tribute blog post as soon as I am able to access the site for long enough to publish it.

LaToya

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Whether or not someone is known in person , or as a cyber friend , they are missed .
I am truly saddened to hear of his passing , the modeling world has taken a great loss .
From the first time I came too this site ...... Hippie reached out too me as a friend and a mentor as too navigating. We traded comments on models , mostly in box stuff , he was always full of constructive advice and cheer , too many styrene friends have passed now.
Hippie your airbrush will never clog again and the kits always come out perfect in heaven ...... watch your six my friend
Condolences to the Bush family from the Bryan family.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #8

Administrator
This is very sad news - James was a great presence on Toy Collector, very knowledgable and always so open and friendly - he helped me with numerous kit questions and was always happy to do so. He was a great guy and will be very much missed.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
There have been a couple of memorial sites set up for Hippie. One of them was started by members of one of his Yahoo groups. The other also started by a fellow modeler will be going to the family. Please stop by both sites for a look and a remembrance of James (Hippie) Bush.
You can leave condolences here.    users3.smartgb.com/g/g.php?a=s&i=g35-69488-34
You can go visit the yahoo site here.   groups.yahoo.com/group/JAMESBUSH_HIPPIE/
I have uploaded some of his builds and a couple of pictures he sent me a year or so ago. He will be sadly missed but not forgotten. RIP Good Buddy.

Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #10

Administrator
Thanks for the yahoo group link Jim - I have put the other one in a link from the box on the homepage too.

Re:God speed my long time internet friend hippie (James Bush) 11 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Sad to read about our loss of a great member from Toy Collector. My deepest sympathy to the Bush family at their loss of Hippie.
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration