pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For road, rally and racing cars, bikes, trucks, buses and everything in between!
  • Page:

TOPIC: pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics

pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics 11 years, 5 months ago #1

Junior Boarder
ok 
here is something a little different than what i normaly do which is total junkers or barn finds.i am still working on this one and don\'t know when i will finish it.it started out as a 25th scale promo model gray in color.it had some normal warpage for these cars that i did my best to straiten out. it was missing the rear bumper so i put one on from a 56 ford and an interior from an old kit as this car had none.you can\'t see inside but i made a cloth headliner with a dome light added a rear view mirror and sun visors the steering wheel is out of a wcpd 59 chevy and put in a radio and mike out of a d.m. 49 merc police car. i put in all real flat side glass and the front and rear windshields are real curved glass. outside i added chrome trim painted it fire red and clear coated it for some shine/added a cherry on the roof/side mirrors/reverse lights/tail lights/head lights/hub caps/and a spotlight. i want it to look like a rust free fire chief car that has been in the dept storage garage unused for decades,the fire dept is in need of funds so it was taken out cleaned and put up for sale. it needs a resto and some tlc but what a parade car it would make.i still have to add a radio antenna and some decals.hope some like it

Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by jerseyjunker1. Reason: title

Re:1952 pontiac fire chief car project 11 years, 5 months ago #2

Yeah I do. That\'s a great looking car. Do you print your own decals? How do you curve the glass?

Re:1952 pontiac fire chief car project 11 years, 5 months ago #3

Junior Boarder
hi! Rob yes i do my own decals when my printer works ( lol ) as far as curving glass its pretty touchy to do. i usualy use a slump mold in a kiln using laboratory glass.but since my kiln is in storage right now on this car i just cut up some bottles that had the degree of curve that would work. you can use any curved glass as long as it is not to thick.crystal stemware works great.but i dare not tell the wife that.(lol)
Last Edit: 11 years, 5 months ago by jerseyjunker1.

Re:pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics 11 years, 5 months ago #4

Junior Boarder
A swell car and fine work, too. It would look great with some contemporary fire trucks, wouldn\'t it? Like an old Volunteer Fire Department. The background is just right to show off the color of the Pontiac. Congratulations!

Re:pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics 11 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I must say Mell that your scenic used in some of your pictures have artistic talent, same with your photography. I am curious is the Pontiac (Spud) Car tin or whatever.

Re:pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics 11 years, 5 months ago #6

Junior Boarder
thank you, the car is an old promo made of plastic my name is manny

Re:pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics 11 years, 5 months ago #7

Promo, not a model? Interesting, did you find it in a shop or was this part of your collection from your childhood?

Re:pics-1952 pontiac fire chief car project-pics 11 years, 5 months ago #8

Junior Boarder
got it on ebay Rob
  • Page:
Moderators: scalemodelrestoration