Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #541

Platinum Boarder
Nothing like a snuggle on the couch at times. Then again other things might be important too. To both of you have a Happy Christmas including your friends and family extended from Down Under in Wonderland.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #542

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim, have a splendid christmas holiday period yourself, enjoy!

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #543

Platinum Boarder
It has been over two months since I did my last diecast restoration. Today I finished, as a gap filler, what will probably be my last MOY car for a long time to come. It is a combination of the Simplex chassis and the Silver Ghost coach.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #544

Platinum Boarder
To be honest, a big push to my Rolls Royce/Bentley model car collecting hobby was given by Stéphane (Corky). When I saw his site I was sold. Amongst others to the ubiquitous Solido Rolls Royce Phantom III.

In the mean time I have got loads (54) of them. But one thing was missing; a closed Phantom III based on the Sedanca de Ville. I tried various ways to achieve that, but none really satisfactory. Until I found the solution with another Solido Phantom III, the drophead coupé, of which I had several spare parts..

The Sedanca.

The DHC

It has a detachable roof section which can be made fit quite easily. So here we are:

Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #545

Platinum Boarder
Clever idea ! Congratulations.

And many thanks.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 3 months ago #546

Platinum Boarder
On my (extensive) wish- and "gonna do that one day" list were amongst others the closed Solido Phantom III's, see previous contribution and a Dinky Matchbox Bentley DY13 with closed rear wheel (pants) spats.

I got the latter finished today. The color in the picture shows quite bright red, due to the flash light, in fact it is dark maroon.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 3 months ago #547

Great work Gerrit, really like these

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 3 months ago #548

Platinum Boarder
A different theme on a 1/24 Italeri Phantom II

And this is what you get when you mate a Yesteryear Rolls Royce firetruck nose to a Daimler coach on a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Chassis.

A different Silver Ghost tourer:

Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #549

Platinum Boarder
My dear friend Gerrit, please look in your 'PM' (Private Messages) I sent you a while ago. If there is nothing in there relating to a Jaguar book then let me know on the forum and I will ask you again if you have the book in question.

Thank's

Rollerman.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #550

Platinum Boarder
Hi Kevin, for sure, and I have checked and checked again, there is no PM from you in my mailbox. I am afraid that something must have gone wrong.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #551

Platinum Boarder
How have you used the PM system?? The only really reliable way I have found it so hover over Community in the red bar above and then click on Members. Type the members name in the search box and then send a message to them. Most of the other ways don't all ways work. Another method, but less reliable is to click on the users Avatar on the left here and go to their profile and send a PM that way.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #552

Platinum Boarder
I clicked on the little mail envelope under the forum member's avatar and sent a message that way.

I will try another 'Community' method mentioned by "Nobleco".

Rollerman.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #553

Platinum Boarder
New message sent via 'Community'.

Rollerman.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #554

Platinum Boarder
Thank's Nobleco, the 'Community' method worked well.

Rollerman.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 2 months ago #555

Platinum Boarder
Has been the only reliable way to send PM's since the buy out/sell off.
Glad it worked for you.