Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #526

Platinum Boarder
It is only a mock-up, a try out. I was tinkering with the idea to create a Silver Ghost Tourer on the basis of a Yesteryear RR chassis with a Daimler coach and the bonnet from a RR firetruck.

The real life, these Tourers have a higher, tapering bonnet i.s.o. of the low straight version, we normally see on early Ghosts.

In this mock up, the bonnet is just a sniff too high, but I will correct that before putting it into production.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #527

these parts look soooo familiar

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #528

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
these parts look soooo familiar

Your memory serves you well.

In the meantime I have decided against the high bonnet, the whole composition becoming somewhat bulky. In stead I will use the lower type straight bonnet, which makes it look more like this one (a more vintage tourer).

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #529

Platinum Boarder
The book: The Edwardian Rolls Royce, 2 slipcased volumes of around 900 pages was on my radar for quite a while.

I bought it last week and received it today.

Is describes every Rolls Royce chassis from the very first 1903 Royce car upto 1917 with 1100 pictures and a host of information. Nothing can beat that.

In one word overwhelming, my utmost acquisition of 2014.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #530

Platinum Boarder
Congratulations Gerrit !

Hours and hours of reading. Marvelous !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #531

Senior Boarder
Well done Gerrit what a fantastic find.

I have also managed to obtain the two Rolls Royce books you recommended to me about the Royals at a very good price.

The Royal Rolls Royce Motor Car book is even signed by the author.

Bob

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #532

Platinum Boarder
143 wrote:
Well done Gerrit what a fantastic find.

I have also managed to obtain the two Rolls Royce books you recommended to me about the Royals at a very good price.

The Royal Rolls Royce Motor Car book is even signed by the author.

Bob

You're a man of taste Bob. Those books are worth every penny.

And thinking of limousines, I restored this Dinky Phantom V today. It's royal blue now.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 6 months ago #533

Platinum Boarder
Congratulation Gerrit what a fine collection of books you have added to your collection as there is nothing like a good book.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 5 months ago #534

Platinum Boarder
It has been quiet for about a month since my last posting here.

In the mean time I have been spending a lot of time on building a 1/16 scale Entex Rolls Royce Phantom III, see separate thread:

www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...6260&Itemid=2455

That car is about 75% finished but I have put it on hold. The final paint job is due, but days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder; in other words not the ideal time to do a big paint job like that. Wait until next spring.

But I haven't been lounging about , I just finished (my 2nd) 1/24 Italeri Phantom II. This time in an open version and an alternative paint scheme. I love this kit. So not much diecast really, that will come later, right now I am facing about 8 plastic Rolls Royce kits to be attacked. Something to do in winter time.

Last Edit: 6 years, 5 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 5 months ago #535

Looks good Gerrit, see you tomorrow

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #536

Platinum Boarder
Another one under construction, wire wheels this time, and a closed version.

Here the mock-up:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #537

Platinum Boarder
On the verge of Christmas I was able to finish my latest Rolls Royce kit building project.

A Phantom II based on an Italeri 1/24 scale kit. The wheels taken from another car.

The interior:
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #538

Platinum Boarder
Gerrit, are you mad, here it is Christmas Eve and your making model kits...!

Why aren't you snuggled up on the Sofa with a Drink and your Family, watching the TV!

I must say though, you have done a good job, so time well spent...Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kevin.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #539

Platinum Boarder
Well Kevin my best wishes for a great Christmas holiday season to you as well as a prosperous and healthy 2015.

This Xmas evening as very well spent with the finishing touches on this kit, hot tea, and a glass of wine. While I was glueing away, my girlfriend was making preparations for tomorrow's dinner. I guess we are not the sofa type of people anyway.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 4 months ago #540

Platinum Boarder
TheRollerman wrote:
Gerrit, are you mad.......

I know. So Planet Diecast is the right place to be then