Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #481

Platinum Boarder
This time not a 'special' Silver Ghost, just one in a colour combination I did not have before.

Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #482

very nice color combination

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #483

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL wrote:
very nice color combination

Thanks Theo,

I found this one for 3 Euro on Marktplaats, the seller living near Nijmegen. But surprise, surprise his daughter in law working in the same building in Amsterdam, where I earn my daily bread. That is how it got to me, cheapo and very convenient.

This is a colour combination I did not have before. But this one was a nightmare to do. Normally a straight forward thing, you take it apart, you base coat it and next you start giving the parts each its individual colour; normally a matter of 1 1/2 to 2 hours and it is finished.

Spraying was not the problem, putting the car back together was horrible, nothing did fit as it did before I took it apart. I think I have done the grille 15 times before it finally got in the right place. I presume there is some tension in the rivetting which rips loose when taking apart.

I just got another mint MOY Ghost from Marktplaats for 2,50. And again it came to me very conveniently. The seller living in Almere, gave it to the security guard of our building who happens to live right around the corner in...........  Almere.

Thank you very much.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #484

you lucky devil

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #485

Platinum Boarder
The spoils of the day.

First I was trying a set of Yesteryear Y15 Packard Victoria wire wheels on a Rolls Royce fire engine. I am sure I leave them there, they are better looking than those cheapo plastic wheels.

Next the Yesteryear Y38 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost armoured car came in today.

I am thinking of putting a set of wires on this car  as well, see this try out, it would be  in line with early examples of this car.

Finally I did this 1910 Titanic Ghost look alike. The car was originally owned by Lord Pirrie of Harland and Wolff, the company that built the ill fated Titanic.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #486

Another set of fine RR's
I like AJAX on the side of the armoured car
And it has a double set of spare wheels too

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #487

Platinum Boarder
Early development models of the Y-6 'Fire Engine' had the same Packard wheels, and they looked right for the model, but full production models had to have the plastic versions, starting off with 24 spokes, that looked very similar to the Packard wheels, but then very quickly changing to the 12 spoke design, as seen on most of the later models.

Rollerman.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #488

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rollerman for your clarification.

In the mean time I finished the Quiralu Rolls Royce Silver Cloud (Hooper coachwork), albeit I do not have the correct front tires to make it complete yet. But that is a matter of waiting for the next NAMAC swapmeet.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #489

The Quiralu is so nice. If you can't find the right tyres, I probable have them for you

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #490

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo, another reason to drop by your house.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #491

Platinum Boarder
Ecclesley, while you have that Quiralu Silver Cloud handy, park it next to one of your repainted James Bond Silver Clouds and tell which one is bigger!! then tell me which one is 1/43rd scale and which one is not !

Rollerman.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #492

Platinum Boarder
To give you an impresssion of the size of the Quiralu Rolls Royce see this:

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #493

Platinum Boarder
I that is the Dinky 150 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith in the back, it is 1:48 scale so the Quiralu Rolls must be smaller than the Dinky. Closer to 1:50?

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #494

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
I that is the Dinky 150 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith in the back, it is 1:48 scale so the Quiralu Rolls must be smaller than the Dinky. Closer to 1:50?

It is the 150 Dinky in the back all right and the Quiralu is 1:50 indeed.

Re: Quiralu Rolls Royce 6 years, 8 months ago #495

Platinum Boarder
...but what scale is moulded onto the baseplate of the Quiralu?

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by TheRollerman.