Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread

Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
And maybe some Jaguars too...

As I will be posting my Rolls Royce and Bentley resto/code 3/mods on a regular basis, why not make it an ongoing thread. (If that is allowed?)

Today I show you my next restored (it was a real wreck) Dinky Phantom V. I drew my inspiration regarding the colour, from a nice looking Silver Wraith. Well not exactly the same colour but in the spirit of it.

Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #2

Everything is allowed (within reason) we are all big boys now? I think that's an excellent idea,  putting them into one thread where we can all access them and enjoy them...

Niall
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Another fine restoration and yes it is agreat idea Gerrit.

i shall follow this topic with lots of interest

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the reactions so far. And feel free to vent your feedback, approvals, disapprovals and critics, they are always useful.

This conversion was made  about a year ago, a Verem Rolls Royce in mono colour, baby blue.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Just finished one of my most favorite models, the Dinky Bentley Continental R. In my opinion Dinky did a great job reproducing this model. I planned to make it a two tone colour but I decided to make it look like this:

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I restored this Solido Rolls Royce a few weeks ago, but it still needed some detailing. Well what do you do on a cloudy day? Finish a Silver Cloud.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Nice!

every silver cloud has a silver lining

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Chop till you drop. The soft top Bentley R (Dinky 150 base) is taking shape. Still some work to do, but surely I'll be getting there.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
The pièce de résistance of today is my Rextoys conversion of a Phantom IV. This is one of the three P IV's the Emir of Kuwait possessed. Rextoys only issued the two tone green car of the Emir, so I had to do the work myself. The third in blue and orange biscuit is one of my future projects.

The Phantom IV is for many Rolls Royce fans the Rolls Royce of Rolls Royces; only 18 built (16 still alive) and made available to royalty and heads of state (some mere  dictators and some of ill repute) exclusively. Funny enough Kuwait had only one paved stretch of road when the Emir bought these cars. Probably one at each end and one in waiting, just in case.

Very happy with the result.

Both Rextoys.

The future project.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #10

Great selection of items there..and all of them look great...have you ever tried to convert the Spot on Royal Rolls Royce?

Niall

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Dublin6 wrote:
Great selection of items there..and all of them look great...have you ever tried to convert the Spot on Royal Rolls Royce?

Niall

Evening Niall,
Thanks for your reply.

No I don't have any Royal Rolls Royce in my collection yet. Two of these Spot On Canberra Rolls Royces are offered on Ebay now. One of them in the Netherlands from the same guy I bought a Spot On Silver Wraith. I might make a bid.

I am also looking for the Rextoys Royal Phantom IV, it is offered on Ebay now, but way too pricy i.m.o. So I wait for a better offer to come.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Fixed the soft top roof section for the Dinky Bentley R conversion. In stead of using the Delahaye top, I decided in favour of the Packard (both ex Solido).

The C post, too short, will be replaced and rear wheel spads will be fitted. I might finish it next Tuesday.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Some super work there. Great job thanks for sharing.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Dinkyjay, stay tuned, more will be coming next week.

Re: Ecclesley's Rolls Royce and Bentley code 3 thread 6 years, 10 months ago #15

The soft top fits well Gerrit, what color are you going to paint it?l