Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration

Re: Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration 8 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Yes Peter, the rear axle is sitting in slots and is hidden inbetween the body panels. Once you remove the base plate the axle and tires just drop out.

You can see the  plane straight axle on the right in the above photo. Also the rear of the base plate shows that it is flat with no 'ears' for the axle to run through.

Re: Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration 8 years, 7 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Yep figured that out lol, just wondered if that was correct or the ends had rotted, thanks Jim

Re: Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration 2 years, 6 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Well, I have replaced the Photo Bucket pictures by copying and pasteing into a new folder on my desktop and have now replaced them all from my computer. I will try to get my pinned posts all done in the next months.

Re: Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration 2 years, 6 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Nice work, well done. But when i do a restoration, i like to keep it original. But it is what you want.

But again, nice work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Another Project by Nobleco Hudson Commodore Restoration 2 years, 6 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I had a couple of these and did one for a customer as a standard stock color car. This second one I decided to do as a Canadian RCMP car. It was going up for sale anyway so make it interesting. It sold at auction on eBay some 8 years ago, I think. If I remember right It got over $100 US at that time. Same for the two vans and the mini, all sold and at decent prices. I actually made money on these projects but at that time, that is what I needed to do. Now things are much better and I no longer need to support myself with restorations and code 3 work. I don't take on commissions anymore either. Too many jerks trying to tell me how to do my job. I just restore for myself as I like to keep the cars and trucks as they came out. In come cases the car or van my have many different colors or liveries so I may change that. I like to stay stock.
  • Page: