Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL

Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #1

I thought this resto would be harder, but in fact I didn't have much difficulties. Thanks to the TC experts help I managed to disassemble the 964 without too many problems.

Luckily this Elevator loader had its original belt and it wasn't broken so that was a bonus.

So in fact it was just a straightforward resto job. I decided to do the scarcer blue/yellow version. I only had to make bottom chute lid. And I replaced the axles with hollow ones.

As bought

Almost in pieces, just a quick snapshot in case I can't remember the position of the parts

A few detail shots, very nice techniques and casting

No paint left

The reinforced belt, using duct tape. If the belt should tear due to age, I hope the duct tapes keeps it together

Painted in blue

Very nice casting details, I think this is one of the most complicated castings made by Dinky Toys

And the finished result

Hope you enjoyed it, thanks for watching
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
That is one fine restration. My congratulations on this one. Nice that you have the original belt too. It really looks good in the opposite color scheme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
A quick worker you are! Great result ...

You might consider deciding for the block treaded black tyres, which really are the ones which belong to this period of the inverted colour scheme (1960s). The tyres you have fitted are ca. 1950-1954.

Kind regards, Jan

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder

An example of the inverted colours, now with blue hubs, but showing the block treaded tyres.

Kind regards, Jan

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Nothing I can say, except 'superb!' An amazing resto and I thought it would take weeks, so I was really surprised to see it finished already.

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #6

Thanks Jan and Tee,

I decided for these tyres because the were the only ones available in my stock. I am still Still   Still waiting for the blocked ones to arrive. 

And yes, the resto was quicker than I expected. Everything went according to plan and I did not encounter any problems during the resto.

And ofcourse, I use quick drying paint
Last Edit: 8 years, 8 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #7

Really great job...looks perfect.. You must be really proud of this one and so you should be...great skill sets and a terrific paint job....

Niall

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
These be the tire ye be lookin for matey. Argh!!!!

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Theo--

A very nice job and thanks for posting all of the interesting pictures.  When I was much younger I never had much interest in this piece, but now I see all of the remarkable detail that Dinky put into it.  You are right, a complicated casting with lots to look at.

Congrats on another nice resto!

Terry

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Very nice. I wish I could tap into peoples enthusiasm now and again. 

Frame.

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Superb Theo, just looks brilliant and done in double quick time too.

Re: Finished resto project: Dinky 964 Elevator loader by RoutemasterNL 8 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
RoutemasterNL,       EXCELLENT!     "  IT LOOKS FACTORY TO ME "

dinkyboy

• Page: