1/18 Datsun 240Z modified 2nd project
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1/18 Datsun 240Z modified 2nd project

1/18 Datsun 240Z modified 2nd project 1 week, 5 days ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p>wheels pushed inward, the original sticks out of flairs</p>
<p>Stance, repaint, no bumpers and mirrors, roll bar, some more paint details on iterior and wheels</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<div></div>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: 1/18 Datsun 240Z modified 2nd project 1 week, 4 days ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Another quality build from a master. This looks great and reminds me of racing with and against them back in the early 1970's. Thanks for showing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: modifier

Re: 1/18 Datsun 240Z modified 2nd project 1 week, 3 days ago #3

Great work on a very fast car. I have a question for you: do you strip the paint first or do you spray over the original layer?

Re: 1/18 Datsun 240Z modified 2nd project 1 week, 3 days ago #4

Expert Boarder
Thanks

I have tried both ways but this one I sprayed over original paint which seems to have better results than striping the paint, sometimes spraying primer over the bare metal and painting will result chipping, not always though but spraying over the original paint sticks real good, I have to mention that I sprayed 2 coats of paint then right after I put the model in the oven for 10 minutes with 200 degree, after about an hour I sprayed 2 coats of gloss clear, the oven process can also be done be done after the last coat, not sure though the scale of model will make a difference in the whole process,

I hope this will help
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL
  • Page: